1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

THE NEW MTD KZ 5 SERIES BASS vs USA bolt-on STEWART SPECTOR 5 BASS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by duumdude, Nov 2, 2006.

1. I was wondering if theres any opinion on these basses. Any help is greatly appeciated. Thanks Fellaz!!!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Different tones. The spector is more aggressive, the MTD is bit more traditional sounding. With the K series they kind of went for the genuine bass tone with a little mtd twist on it. The spector is quite aggressive. I actually really like the USA spector bolt ons, and probably would suggest this.

Depends what kind of tone you want though.

3. This is like peas and spare ribs. 2 different food groups. Fig said it the Spector is very aggressive and pretty "Hi-Fi" sounding, plus the USA NT's are gonna be 3K-4K more new. The MTD Z's are alot of bass for the money but more comparable to USA Cirrus or something along those lines. Czech Spectors are a very good bass in the same price range.

4. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I just got this Z5...

S5000825.gif

Fig is right...this is more traditional sounding that the Spectors...but it still retains some of the cool MTD vibe that many love so much.

If you are looking at a 5 string, the Z5's only come in 35" scale...I believe that some of the Spector 5's are 34".

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    AFAIK, the only 34" Spector 5's are the older ones.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021