Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The NEW Napster!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by TeenBassPlayer, Jun 22, 2003.

1. TeenBassPlayer

TeenBassPlayer

Jun 19, 2003
    Hey guys. Recently, my dad just found a new napster like program called Kazza. Sorry, I don't know the URL but if you look hard enough you'll find it. Download all the files you can befor the feds come along and outlaw Kazza to;) .

2. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    Kazza has been around for a long time man, and has yet to be shut down. Hopefully our computers won't detonate because we DL'ed some music on the net.:rolleyes:

3. ToastyBass

ToastyBass

Dec 28, 2002
    Mississippi
    Don't get Kazaa, get Kazaa Lite if anything.

4. TeenBassPlayer

TeenBassPlayer

Jun 19, 2003
    *sighs*
    I really need to research into this stuff before getting excited.

5. TeenBassPlayer

TeenBassPlayer

Jun 19, 2003
    Be careful about how many carrots you eat! They are an addicting substance, my grandmother's skin turned a hue of orange because she ate like ten pound of carrots a day. She got real sick from the withdrawal. Goes to prove that everything is an addicting substance.:meh:

Anyways, back to Kaza...

6. Do you guys know any good file-sharing programs aside from Kazaa and Soul Seek?

7. TeenBassPlayer

TeenBassPlayer

Jun 19, 2003
    If you have a mp3 player you can download stuff of the internet.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Imesh

WinMX is always busy...took me 2 weeks to download a popular song.

9. ToastyBass

ToastyBass

Dec 28, 2002
    Mississippi
    There's WinMX.

10. hmmm, last time i used imesh was about 2 years ago and it was terrible. is it better now or are you just elling me that it exists(not that it is good)?

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    WELCOME TO THE YEAR 2000

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, man. everything is so like futuresque. :cool:

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Better. It's got between 1.5-2 million people on at any given point in time...never not been able to find what I'm looking for. Kazaa Lite has a larger network, but I find imesha bit more dependable, and faster, quite often...

I'd use Kazaa Lite all the time if some part of it didn't eat my CPU and RAM like a fat man in a chocolate shop.

But, Imesh is pretty damned good substitute.

14. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    What are you doing?

[​IMG]

15. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.

16. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    TeenBassPlayer, might I suggest you peruse this thread.

17. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    As well as the above (excellent) advice I would add the following suggestions:<BR><BR>- Don't use Kazaa/Kazaa lite (they connect to the same network BTW) AT ALL unless you have some heavy AV medicine on your machine or you don't care if it gets 0wn3d<BR>- If you don't know what the words "trojan" or "windows rootkit" mean (in an information security sense, filthy children ;)) then don't use them AT ALL<BR>- Check out eDonkey for your l33t mp3 needz<BR>

18. edonkey is only for macs. i tried to get it a few years back, only for mac