The New & Old Red Hot Chili Peppers...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 95JettaCity, Mar 7, 2006.

1. 95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    I saw an article on which was surprisingly well written.

If this article is as accurate as I hope it is. We're in for one hell of a treat with this new album. ~~ 25 SONGS ~~ I mean c'mon, there's gotta be something "classic Flea" on there. The article meantions this...

"Arcadium, Flea said, is a funk-riddled rocker, which should be good news for the band's longtime fans."

Being one of those longtime fans... I couldn't be any happier to hear that! And the stuff about Kanye West... I'll give them credit because that sounds like it could very interesting. I'm not much a fan of rap or hip hop, but I know West is an amazing songwriter and usually has great music to back him up. So needless to say I'm anxious to see what happens.

Let me know what you guys think about all this.

And hopefully Flea will be a born-again funker!!!
  2. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Groovy! Mind you, I had to say something about this:

So exactly what was Anthony doing for the majority of the first 4 albums?

3. 95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    touche my good man..... Let me rephrase that.

I don't enjoy more recent rap music involving bitches, hoes, and everything else these "ganstas" can talk about.

Earlier hip hop I'm a fan of because it sparked something new and wasn't about making money necessarily, but about a life.

Although I agree Anthony certainly rapped his way through the first few albums..... I think you knew what I was getting at.
  4. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    that's why I love flea. coming from anyone else, this would have been the most pretentious statement ever, but it's like, FLEA.
  5. sotua

Sep 20, 2004
    US Northeast
    So it's a the most pretentious statement ever made by a dyed-hair bassist instead of just the most pretentious statement ever?

6. 95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    I'm not quite sure what you meant by the above ^^^ statement....

But ya gotta respect the Flea... how many bassists can put a slap verse bass line and a bass solo into a worldwide number one hit song? (Aeroplane)

Love him or hate him... He's pretty good at putting what we all love into mainstream music.
  7. Can't wait to hear the cd.

8. I can't wait for it. even the cover looks sexy. Also, I can't wait to see them live for the first time. Hopefully I'll catch them on the U.S. tour!

9. +1

I don't really listen to rap much anymore, but that's why I admire guys like Outcast, they seem to be more positive, and creative than many others around today...
  10. Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    yeah i cant wait for this album, john f is meant to be awsome on this album, but we still have to wait another month!, dannie california is bein released on the 1st of may

i dont really like where rap is goin today, but i still really like eminem, also people like 2 pac and dre liked funk aswell, and have done many funk covers, modern rappers havnt heard funk and just go straight for the typcical everyday sound
  11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I hope it funks, because they're so damn good at it!
  12. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Wow - this all sounds great... now I'm really looking forward to this album!

You will not be disappointed. Of all the things that Flea does so well, his live performances are one of the most impressive things for me. The whole band has stage presence that is through the roof!

I'm definitely looking forward to the album and the tour.
  13. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Aeroplane was a number one hit song? That's news to me. :eyebrow:
    Besides, they cut out most of the bass solo for the single version.
  14. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY

they also cut a lot of the guitar solo, which i thought was odd... its not like its an extremely long song or anything. :confused: