Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The New TMNT

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SheepHerder7898, Feb 8, 2003.

1. I am currently watching the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and it's not half bad. However, there are some things I wish had stayed the same. Example: I wish they had EYES instead of just white! Also, they fight a lot more and joke a lot less. I guess kids today want fighting instead of fun. Well I'm gonna stick to the old turtles and try to find some episodes of the Gummy Bears hahah. What is your opinion on the new show and new cartoons in general?

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Haven't seen it, but it sounds like they're being styled after the original comic book this time, which was pretty violent. Sounds pretty cool to me, although I'm sure it's not great for little kids.

"Dashing and daring, courageous and caring; bouncing along as their song fills the air....Gummy Bears..bouncing here and there and everywhere....." :D

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, they do fight more and joke less, which is actually more like the "real" TMNT, by Kevin Eastman and Peter Liard (I think those are the first names).

Those comics (which I read in graphic novel collections) were about some badass ninjas that happened to be turtles. It was serious, well drawn, a bit philosophic, and entirely cool. The original animated TMNT was a bit too fluff for me even when I was a kid (even though TMNT was the greatest thing since sliced bread!).

Yea...I'm a turtle head. It was a large part of my life for, what, 4 years or so? (6-10).

If you can find them, get the original graphic novels/comic series by Eastman and Liard. THose were cool.

4. Thanks guys, I didn't know about the comic for I was very small when I started getting into the turtles. I think I'll go try to find some of those comics.

5. i liked it. i'm totally gonna get hooked on that show; just that first episode left me craving more.
    i'm gonna get out my old turtle action figures and act out the scenes when i watch the show. and no; i'm NOT kidding.

6. WHAT CHANNEL IS IT ON??? I MUST SEE IT!!!!!

Yeah, I got into the cartoon Turtles, and it was AWESOME!!! Then I started reading some of the comics, they were kinda weird for me, but later I loved them!!

Turtle power!!!!!!!!

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    Remember the TMNT:1 game by Konami Ultra? That is one of the most difficult games ever made, i'd imagine. Even with an emulator where I can cheat like a bastidge, I can't beat it. (It kinda doesn't let me in the last level! :mad: )

8. OOO! You hit another section of turtle stuff that I love, The GAMES! I loved all of those games, some of the few old games that everyone could play together (with the 4 player adapter on SNES for instance.) And yes I do remember the first one, I can't even beat the first level! Then again I kinda suck at video games. Ah, gotta go play it now.

9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    Any 5 year old who could beat the underwater section at the end of area two is my friggin' hero.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Do I at 6, and my friend at 8 count?

And yes, that was a HARD assed game. I couldn't believe it.

Meanwhile, TMNT 2: The Arcade Game was rediculously easy, and hella fun with 4 players.

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, the ninja turtles game for NES rocked...so, umm....when and where does the new 'toon come on?

12. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    What station is this on!?!? When I was a kid I was a huge TMNT fan. I thought they were REAL. I would look down the sewers. Yeah, I was a dork but I love em. The games were friggin hard. The arcade one wasnt too bad though. I really wanna go play with all my old action figures now!

13. My friend and I rocked at "Turtles in Time" for SNES. Ahhhhh...the memories.....

But, yeah, the NES games was hella hard!

14. it's on Fox, saturday mornings, 10:30. next saturday they're gonna play the first episode (from today) again, at 8:30 am.