Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The new trend: 12 year old girls actually wearing clothes!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Hooray!!!

2. Not if you’re the parent of one of those 12-year-old girls who will now need a new wardrobe. I mean what are you going to do when she say’s “Daddy I need a new wardrobe, I don’t want to dress like a slut anymore”?

3. 12 year olds girls should be covered up...15 year old girls with braces however.... ;)

That is a joke, I like my women 18-22 (I'm 20), and as scantily clad as they want to be :)

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    "There is just sensory overload. Kids are going to say enough already," said Buzz's 24-year-old chief executive, Tina Wells. "The next big trend I see is kids are going to look like monks."

what about the parents? when do they say enough already? :eyebrow: :meh:

5. one thing that alot of girls dont know is, in my friends words "the more scantily you are clad, the easier it is for guys to imagine having sex with you".

A simple note in the locker, or on the backpack with that on it really hits home to some girls...

6. my children will be dressed in loin cloths until the age of 16.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    When it really hits home though is when you get sued for sexual harrassment.

brad cook

8. I do a lot of counseling at summer camps and mostly at christian camps; I wish I could make them all wear XXL shirts and full length pants!!!

Also, I miss the mystery of wondering what a girl looks like, anymore you can pretty much see most of it. :rollno:

9. :meh:
    :meh:
    :smug:
    I wont get sued... The friend will. hehehe.
    Yeah i forgot to add that im not the one who wrote those notes.

10. ===============
    "We like to call this new girl Miss Modesty," said Gigi Solif Schanen, fashion editor at Seventeen magazine. "It's such a different feeling but still very pretty and feminine and sexy. It's just a little more covered up."

Shoppers are starting to see higher waistlines and lower hemlines, and tweeds, fitted blazers and layers are expected to be big this fall, Schanen said.

"It's kind of like a sexy take on a librarian," she said. "I think people are tired of seeing so much skin and want to leave a little more to the imagination."
    ================

Stupid, disingenuous, hypocritical, greedy fashion b!tch! Like Seventeen had nothing to do with promulgating or profiting from the slut "fashion." I'd have maybe a sliver of respect for this cow if she had just said "Cha-ching! We profited from creating the stupidity, now we're going to profit from the backlash! Sexualizing children sure has been good to me!" At least that would be honest.

-M

11. 22...mmmm....

12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Hey their is nothing wrong looking like a Monk :D

13. Unless you are an attractive 18-22 year old female ;)

14. Many of my uncles and aunts like to tell me I look like a monk.
    Repeatedly. Every time they see me.

But hey - I don't need shampoo! :p

15. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Ironically, boys outfits are starting to get skimpier and skimpier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whores.

Their poor mothers.

16. Umm... that is so wrong. Yet strangely arousing... i mean NO!!!! :rollno: :eyebrow:

The fact that they're wearing skimpy clothes doesnt' bother me as much as their total disregard for fashion sense!!! :help:

17. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    What are you gonna make them wear after that?

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I hate the "writing on my ass" shorts that girls of all ages/sizes wear. It forces you to look at their ass. Regardless of if it just says, "Diva" it's a distraction. Sometimes I would have looked anyway, other times 12 year olds, I wouldn't.

19. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    "congratulations!"?