The New WTC

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gallienkrueger, Dec 21, 2003.

1. [​IMG]

since the last one was closed down due to a idiot who doesn't know when to shut up. Here is what will be known as the freedom tower and 4 other tall buildings. the Free Tower will be 1,776 feet tall and will be in front of an arch of 4 other buildings to built in the old WTC site.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :rolleyes: you've not traveled your own state have you?

I don't mean to start stuff... but I've been soured by all the "Band Wagon Patriots" since 9/11/01. I understand you are simply bringing up the new building... but I find reading your location AND the memorial building in the same moment insulting.

I grew up in Sussex County working on farms, swimming in creeks, small town Americana. Now I'm at the Shore with sandy white beaches.

no arm pits here.

Sorry JT, delete this if needed.... but I needed to say it.
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Morris County... I grew up 15 minutes from the Rockaway Mall. 10 years now I've been living in Central NJ on the Coast. My folks have an 8 acre hobby farm off Route 15.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    From an archetectual standpoint, I think it's nifty, what with using that sunglight refraction bit on Sept. 11th. Assuming there's no clouds and whatnot, if they can get the light on that memorial statue/scuplture at the exact minute, that's pretty pimp, scientifically speaking.

If they can pull that off, I'd forgive the cheesy "Freedom Tower" name. I mean, really, it's like calling a military fort "Fort Doom" or something.

"Liberty Tower" sounds better... unless that's a prominent building/structure I'm not aware of.
  6. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Possible Names:

The Awesome Tower

THE Tower!!!

No-Pennies-Allowed Tower

Gus & Co.
  7. i thought you grew up in sussex county. anyways, i live about 20 minutes from the rockaway mall in a town called Roxbury.
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    I know Roxbury well... still lots of open ground in that area. Yes I grew up in Sussex County... 3 towns from the Morris County border 15 minutes or so from the Mall

Anyway, the new building is pretty cool, I'll be looking to watching it's progress. Too bad about the High Alert
  9. They should call it the Death Star. That would be sweet.
  10. jazzcatb17

Dec 27, 2002
    Louisville, Ky
    Im all for NY rebuilding a great monument in memory of 911 and all, but building a 1776 ft. tower?!?!? Why dont they just make a giant dartboard? How on Earth does NY plan on preventing another plain from simply flying into this new tower? Im all for building back strong and saying America cant be held down and all, but come on people! Anyone ever hear the saying "if you dont learn from history your doomed to repeat it?"
  11. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    We should just abandon the Sears Tower and Empire State building too. In fact, they should probably just relocate the White House and the Pentagon to secret underground locations.
  12. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Looks like a beatiful, awesome target to me...I can just see a bunch of terrorists drooling over it.
  13. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    man i would rephrase that,
  14. open ground? boy you haven't been in roxbury in ages, Roxbury is all Suburbia now and concrete Jungles. you know you're in a differant town when you start seeing forests. Like when you reach the Jefferson/roxbury Border, end of suburbia, the start of folk country.
  15. Kevin V

Kevin V

Mar 12, 2003
    Union, New Jersey
    Looks neat. It'll feel good to see something fill the hole that was a part of the NY skyline.

The whole idea is that terrorists do not get another opportunity to do what they have already done. If they do get another opportunity, it doesn't really matter what building they target, it's a matter of how many people are hurt. I'm sure that a crowded football stadium can at least hold the same amount of people as that building. There are a whole bunch of "dartboards" in the US, we just have to hope that we are being protected by the government.

As a resident of NJ, yes, some areas are highly developed and some areas are not at all. I live in Suburbia, go to school in the middle of nowhere.
  16. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Are they trying to be cute with making it 1776 feet tall? (the year we gained independance...) Or is it just a ko-winkydink?
  17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

well, being called the 'freedom tower' I'd say it was intentional