1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The newest bar in town... Almost! (56K warning!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by neurotictim, Mar 11, 2008.

1. So here I am, starting two threads in one night... Maybe I'm a little Meev'd tonight or something.

Decided I needed more room in the computer room to store my family of instruments, so I'm building a bar to move the reptile into. Girlfriend is a bartender and budding snake-breeder, so her stuff needs it's own space... Plus, I like the idea of having a bar in the house. No DUIs... :cool:

Don't mind the mess, it's still in progress, but I wanted to share:

IMG_0044.

IMG_0045.

IMG_0055.

IMG_0057.

I hand-crafted the liquor rack with plexi bottoms so I could put a couple of color-changing night lights under them. The wires will be run out the bottom to a switch, when everything's wired up (hopefully tomorrow)

IMG_0054.

And in the dark:

IMG_0053.

Also found a no-**** Bud Light neon sign, not LED or anything, for $20 at a pawn shop! Gotta figure out where to put it.

IMG_0059.

You're all invited, if you live local and are of legal age. :hyper:

2. nice

3. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    You need a pool table...or at least a dart board.

4. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Put the light on the ceiing as the "main" light

5. All you need is a sign for a decent beer and your in buisness :smug:

Looking sharp tho :)

6. Got the dartboard, no room for a pool table.

Got the bar door installed, lighting wired, and the g/f's painting the rest of the room today.

7. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I absolutely LOVE the color you stained the bar. That's such a warm, comfy looking stain. Wow. I also love the ceiling slide rack for upside down glasses. Well done!

About the lights under the liquor shelves... gui****ed Center has these four-color light banks that are sound sensitive. They change through red-blue-yellow-green to the beat of music or vibrations. Rig a pair of those underneath! Every bass drum beat, every tap on the bar, the shelves will change colors!

And swap meets and flea markets are excellent places to find used cheap tin beer signs. Screw them to the walls all over down there.

And if your gal bartends, have her ask their vendors for those race-flag banners from all the beer distributors peddling the decorating swag.

And of course....

....Jager Machine.

8. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Sink? Running water? Mini-fridge? Will-It-Blend super blender for crushing ice?

9. Good call!

10. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia
    maaan

that's one of my dreams..

a bar in the house!
    well done

11. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Nice. I like it.

12. Very nice, very nice. I second the wet bar recommendation. Certainly a lot more work, but I think you'd be glad you did it.

13. I bought a new refrigerator with my state tax return, so the old one is getting converted into a 2-tap kegerator. (Bud Light, my personal choice, and Miller or Coors as per the roomie)

The blender/sink/mini-fridge is all on the other side of the wall - the bar actually started life as a garage, which a previous owner had enclosed, and has been sitting idle for a couple of years, waiting on the right idea.

Since my gear collection has grown alongside my girlfriend's growing herpetological hobby, one of us needed to move - don't forget, there will be 8 snakes and a bearded dragon going in here, along with the ball python eggs one of her females just laid.