The newest Ibanez BTB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slowburnaz, Dec 23, 2002.

1. slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Does anyone know if the Barts in there are MK1s, or one of the "real" USA types?

Check it out here:

If they're just MK1s, that price seems a little high to me.
  2. Thats the prettiest Ibanez I've ever seen.
  3. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    It *would* be nice, if the edges of the laminations were parallel. I mean, that's kind of bizarre.
  4. slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    I think they "are" parallel, that's what's bizarre. Usually, the lines are parallel with each side of the neck, not with each other.
  5. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I was looking at the new ibanez prestige series as my new bass so I researched quite alot about them. Ibanez has their own custom Barts in their basses. They sounded pretty nice on the SR prestige models. Idunno if they have different pickups on this model though.
  6. i prefer the look of this one

i can't remember where i got it, is it new or not?

7. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    I read something about the BTB's neck being "offset" to increase playing comfort. :confused:

Whether or not this has something to do with the laminate not being parallel...
  8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Whoa,,, right when i was thinking about getting a five string..... Ibanez comes and wins me over again... say,, how much that thing run? and, it looks amazing.
  9. hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    I think they said it was an assymetrical neck.
  10. I think they can be had for about $1,200 brand new. If you think they look amazing, you should hear one live. Very versatile. Very good tone.

11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    A friend of mine used a BTB515 (I's the 4 string all walnut version), and it sounded pretty good. Then he switched to a Fender.

Go figure.
  12. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hey guys,,, remember,,, like,, back in the day,,, when like,,, Alldox would be all over this thread? what happened,,,

Ah, i miss the days of yore:(
  13. I haven't seen a post of his in a long while..

Yes, they have assymetrical profiles. I wish the neck my BTB405 was assymetrical too..:(
  14. wotnwhy,

I like the look of that one better too. I'm trying to decide which 6 string I want, and I've got it down to a few. The Ibanez BTB 6(the mahagony maple top one with the barts), a Peavey Cirrus 6, or a Warwick LX Streamer 6.

Not sure which string spacing I will want untill I go mess around with 'em a bit. I like the 19mm spacing on my DP 5, but for a 6...I don't know.
  15. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I talked to him via PM a little while ago. He's doing ok, just very busy.
  16. [​IMG]

This bass was made in limited quantity by Ibanez sometime ago, it's NOT a 515. They used very high quality materials and were sold under the Ibanez Prestige line. One of a kind instrument.

The bass only shares the BTB design, but the wood selection and cuts are very non traditional for an Ibanez-made instrument.

That's all i know.

Merry Christmas!