The newest of Napster!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    What do you guys think of the new Napster? It's $9.95 per month, and $0.99 per song, or $9.95 per entire CD. I just downloaded it to check it out, see what bands they have, ect.
    The program looks really nice, but they are lacking a lot of bands. Tool is a major one. Also, Victor Wooten, ect. But they do have Jaco and Primus. I only looked for about 10 bands, but I think with in time they will have everyone.
    Do you guys want to pay for your music now? I think that $9.95 per CD is fine. I don't know when I will signup though.
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Wait, do you have to pay 9.95 per month AND .99 per song or 9.95 a cd? That's lame. What's the format anyway? Itunes is cheap and Emusic is 9.99 a month for a few CD's.
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I think I remember reading that TOOL specifically didn't want their albums on pay-to-download services because they didn't want single tracks avail, all or nothing in terms of full albums. I guess :meh:

so, unless I am mistaken, don't expect to see them on anytime soon.

though, if the new napster is anything like they might put them up against the artists will :rolleyes:

as for vic, I don't know, maybe you should email him, suggest he gets his music on some music stores :p

I've heard that napster is rittled with ads now, like, everywhere, and it has a lot of dead space that could be used to display something. but I haven't used it yet so I can't really comment.
  4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Heres a picture of just the Rock startup page:
  5. Steve.

Good selection of music you got there.
  6. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Thank's man :D :bassist: !