Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The newest of Napster!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    What do you guys think of the new Napster? It's $9.95 per month, and $0.99 per song, or $9.95 per entire CD. I just downloaded it to check it out, see what bands they have, ect.
    The program looks really nice, but they are lacking a lot of bands. Tool is a major one. Also, Victor Wooten, ect. But they do have Jaco and Primus. I only looked for about 10 bands, but I think with in time they will have everyone.
    Do you guys want to pay for your music now? I think that $9.95 per CD is fine. I don't know when I will signup though.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Wait, do you have to pay 9.95 per month AND .99 per song or 9.95 a cd? That's lame. What's the format anyway? Itunes is cheap and Emusic is 9.99 a month for a few CD's.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I think I remember reading that TOOL specifically didn't want their albums on pay-to-download services because they didn't want single tracks avail, all or nothing in terms of full albums. I guess :meh:

so, unless I am mistaken, don't expect to see them on anytime soon.

though, if the new napster is anything like buymusic.com they might put them up against the artists will :rolleyes:

as for vic, I don't know, maybe you should email him, suggest he gets his music on some music stores :p

I've heard that napster is rittled with ads now, like, everywhere, and it has a lot of dead space that could be used to display something. but I haven't used it yet so I can't really comment.

4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Heres a picture of just the Rock startup page:
    [​IMG]

5. Steve.

Good selection of music you got there.
    :cool:

6. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Thank's man :D :bassist: !