The next big martial arts star?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Mar 4, 2005.

1. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Sounds pretty cool...the guy grew up on Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies and it sounds like he has some skill. I love those late 80's/early 90's Chan movies where he's just doing the crazy stunts and has pretty intense fight scenes. That will be cool if this guy can deliver something along those lines.

brad cook
  2. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I've seen ong bak and from a cinephil eye, it sucks.
    It's a very stunts focused movie, every scènes is shown with two or three differents point of view. At the beginning it's nice because the stunts are very impressive. But at the end it's annoying.

Tony Jaa is a very good fighter I was very impressed by his style, he should play in different movie to let the public know him. Better movie.
  3. SomeGuy

Aug 20, 2004
    The Last Frontier
    I saw Ong Bak a couple weeks ago and thought it was really cool. I wouldn't go see it for the story line though, its really all about his stunts and fighting. Which is fine with me because both are awesome. :D The fighting seems a lot more real in it then the fighting does in a Jackie Chan or Jet Li movie IMO, and there is A LOT of fighting in the movie. I'm no expert on the subject but if you like martial arts movies its worth checking out.
  4. Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

Dec 8, 2004
    I saw it. It was 2 hours or so of this guy kicking ass. There are about 15 words of english in the whole thing, the rest is subtitles. It really doesn't matter whether you read them or not, the stunts alone are worth watching the movie for.