Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The next step

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SheepHerder7898, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Well, the time has come for me to start thinking about getting a gigging rig. I'm not talking about stadiums but something that would at least let be heard in a school auditorium. Yesterday one of my bands auditioned for a part in a drama production. I ended up having to use another bass player's SWR combo (1X15, don't know the wattage). This really kinda put me over the edge. I need something that will let me be heard with 2 guitarists around but not huge. Oh and money IS an option, I'm not rich by any means. Any suggestions for an intermediate rig preferable a Head and cabinet set-up. Thanks for your help.

2. How much money do you have to invest in an amp? That'll help answer your question much easier.

3. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    well, i don't know if it will be big enough for you, but i got a crate bx100, and it works fine for me playin in smaller places. but money was a problem for me too, so i went with the cheapest one i could find that still had a decent sound (no rouge)

4. Well since I'm just a poor little shepherd (at heart), not much. Nothin over $800 I'm guessing, even at that much it will take me awhile. Dang I need a job.

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    hartke, GK, ampeg heads used through an avatar 4x10 or 2x10 and 1x15. total= about $800...