Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Nirvana of Ibanez basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by purfektstranger, Mar 1, 2006.

1. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
  2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    what garantee is there that this is his bass?

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    A pretty good one actually since he is on the board of the organisation holding the auction........

4. I think that's pretty solid

5. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
  6. foose4string

foose4string

Feb 4, 2006
    Maryland
    Did you all see the Nikki Sixx Spector that was up a week or two ago? That one drew quite a few bids. It supposedly was seen in the "Feelgood" video and was signed.

7. Wow. Maybe I'm overestimating Nirvana's impact on rock&roll, but that seems like a somewhat historically important instrument. There's a picture of Novaselic playing his Black Eagle in the Bleach album.

I seem to remember him using that bass earlier in his career rather than later on as the seller states. I saw Nirvana's final tour and Novaselic was playing a Gibson bass.

8. My ex has one that was her dads, those basses really are quite nice actually, even if you forget that its Krist's. I'd love one at somepoint.

9. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

easily one of my favorite jazz bass copies.

10. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005

hmm the headstock just seems too extravagent. :ninja: then again its not really a playing bass.
    its more of a put in a glass box "hey look what i have" bass

11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Honestly, just based on looks, i wouldn't pay the price they're asking.

-Mark

12. Toph

Toph

Feb 27, 2005
    Bartlett, IL
    I've got one that was my older brothers first bass until about 15 years ago. I played for a while in high school and shortly after, then put it down for quite a few years. I'm 30 now and I started playing again about a year ago. About 6 months ago I bought a Geddy Jazz and I love it. The Ibanez didn't sound as good to me anymore. However, I just got it back from a setup and I'm back to loving it. I just love the sound. $895 seems high for that one. I mean, a chunk of the headstock is missing. I'll be interested to see what this ebay one goes for.

13. My only prob with that auction is that they have 0 feedback. I am sorry, but zero feedback!!!!!! I would think that an organization could do this through a company that had a ton of feedback, plus the page is not designed that well. It might just be me, but I could care less if it was combo special, that bass has history value, and I don't think that the auction is legit. I'd be curious to find out the final results.

14. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Easy to find out....I will email the organisation tonight to confirm the auction is indeed theirs This organisation has been around for three years. It is possible that this is the first time they have done this type of thing, thus the 0 feedback. I think the whole thing is legit but we'll see what they say......

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Pretty Cool.

16. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Looks cool to me. Wouldn't mind having one.

17. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I'd definitely play it!, If it had the tone, That's me but you are right it's glass case exhibit worthy. I can't imagine to many of these around anymore. I only see them occasionally.

18. The one in that photo being played by krist is different to the other photos detailling the bass, it has a Maple finger board(!) and didnt krist smash his basses at the end of his shows?

19. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I'd say it's an overestimation. I think it's funny how he played beat up Gibsons in concert but there's video of him recording with a Warwick. :rolleyes: Totally overrated IMHO.

20. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Looks legit to me....here is a reply to an email I sent the organisation holding the auction....

#Hey Danny,
    This is the genuine article. Krist Novoselic is on our Board of Directors, and he donated the guitar for our First Ever Icon Awards auction. Proceeds will go to support Music for America.
    Check out the press release:
    http://www.musicforamerica.org/node/100449
    Krist will provide a letter of authenticity. You can bid on the guitar right now!
    The seller has zero feedback because this is the first such auction we have done on the behalf of our organization.
    Thanks Danny, hope this helps out.

-mark #

Hmmm now I wonder what this will sell for???