1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

the Nordstrand Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by growlieX, Jun 6, 2011.

1. growlieX

growlieX

Apr 16, 2011
    Hello everyone...

At last, I got my Fender American Vintage 75 Reissue Jazz Bass couple of weeks ago. The bass is a monster - plays like a cream. I removed the original stock-bridge and installed a BadAss II Bridge. The sustain and the overall tone improved radically after that.

The only thing which bothers me a little bit is that the noisy pickups.

While I was browsing the forum, some people were mentioning about removing the stock vintage pickups and install the Nordstrand pickups instead of using the original vintage stock pickups in order to catapult this bass into the superstar rankings.

But I don't know which model of Nordstrand pickups for my FJB American Vintage 75 Reissue?
    My only concern is that would there be a possibility of losing the original character of this bass's deep, midsy growl after I remove the original vintage stock pickups and install the Nordstrand pickups?

Thanks upfront...!!!

2. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    For starters, check out the Stickies section at the beginning of this forum. There's a good J Bass pickup comparison and review thread.

3. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    +1 it will keep you busy for a while with more then enough info.

Good luck.

4. FunkyMan

FunkyMan

Nov 27, 2007
    Wow Lol :);)