Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Nutcracker

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AsteroidM2070, Aug 12, 2001.

1. AsteroidM2070

AsteroidM2070

Aug 3, 2001
    Does anybody know the the theme song of the nutcracker is called and where I can find the tab for it if there is any
    thanks

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Buy the CD here!<--- click here

You can usually find some good tabs at:

www.learn-it-by-ear.com

:D :D :D

It's a beautiful song, good luck with it. I encourage you to learn as much of it as you can be ear. With classical pieces like these you'll be amazed on how it will help your ear.

3. I would also recomend trying to find Emerson Lake and Palmers version of "The Nutrocker"

4. I learnt Bach's "Air for the G-string" by ear, amazing piece. Jazzbo is so right, i was never really good at finding things by ear, but after struggling through that song, it makes the "easier" songs far more fulfilling to pick up and learn just by ear.

Merls

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well, there is the Nutcracker ballet and the Nutcracker "Suite" - both of which have a large number of "big" tunes which have become famous and used in many commercials, TV and film scores.

"Nutrocker", which is mentioned, takes the theme from "Ouverture Miniature" from the Suite and was made into a Rock n Roll tune in the 50s.

Probably the most famous tunes however are the "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" and the "Waltz of the Flowers" - although basically every tune has been used at some time or other.

So I don't know what you mean by "theme song" ?

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    It's the song the orchestra plays when the Nutcracker Prince and the little girl are stocking, loading, and cleaning their weapons in preparation for the climactic showdown with the Gingerbread Warriors. Very inspiring.

I may be thinking of an episode of the A-Team. :eek:

7. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    OOPS, I thought this was a thread about my wife.

Sorry guys

Mike:D :D :D

8. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    That was wrong.

[​IMG]

9. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I know J-bo it was a cheap shot, but my wife is very cool. It would crack her up if she saw it.

Mike:D :D :D

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Or was it the Tuba theme when Darth Vader enters! ;)

John Williams has a lot to answer for. :D

11. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    get some Wagner while you're at it, too.