Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The NV-610 has landed!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mark Reccord, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Got my NV-610 yesterday (thanks GIBSONGEEK!) and managed to spend some time with it last night. So far, so awesome! It's very tight, focused and punchy, with a bit more top end than I expected from a cab with no horn, but the top end is very smooth.... It's got clear, authoritative mids, snarly even, with the SVT. It's really even-sounding across the strings (a characteristic of sealed boxes) and it's really 'sensitive' in the sense that it responds to very subtle neuances. The low end has an almost percussive quickness.
    It's got a lot of the characteristics that I associate with the older Ampeg 810s but has the detail of modern cabs... I think I'm in love...:D

I'm going to jam with it on wednesday so I'll have a better impression of how it performs in a band situation then....

2. ooohh, I can hardly wait. Mine should be here tomorrow or Thursday.

3. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I had a chance to demo a Bergantino NV610 and compare it to a Bergie HT322 the other day.

First, I plugged into the NV610 and I was instantly impressed with it's smoothness, punch, very musical mids and natural tonality overall. I too was surprised at how musical and sweet the high end was considering the cabinet does not have a tweeter.

Then, with the same bass, same amp, I plugged into the Bergie HT322 (which is the cabinet I own and have used for over a year now).

Bottom line. I still LOVE the HT322 and thought it had more low end and much more clarity. (for obvious reasons. I.E, The tweeter.) The HT322 sounded as loud to my ears, if not maybe even a little louder. When I balanced out the perceived volume differences, I still would choose the Bergi HT322.

That said, I am still extremely interested in hearing the NV215,

Congrats in any event. The Bergantino NV610 is an amazing cabinet! You did good!

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

That's really cool to hear, Mark! Hopefully you'll be as happy with your NV610 at your jam. I truly envy the fact that you're pushing yours with a primo SVT head!! :bassist:

5. Jammed with it last night! We're very very loud, the NV worked perfectly! It doesn't have as much real low end as the 410HLF but it's tighter and more focused. Bandmates commented that it sat in the mix better. No touble hearing myself over a very loud drummer and a '69 Plexi on bust. The low B sounds great with it. I'm really digging this cab! It really does highlight the characters of my basses. The SR 5 sounds really stingray-y and the Jazz sounds like the jazzest bass ever! ;)

The only problem is that now I want an NV-215 too....

:D

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

:D I'm going NV215 first.... but I'd love to have the NV610 and NV215 sitting next to each other (too bad it'll be over kill for my needs.... :bassist: who needs to hear the guitar anyway)

7. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    Mark,
    It's funny you say that.......I was just thinking......"Hmmm, I bet Mark needs an NV-215 to go with the NV-610". Man! You must be a mind reader!!!!
    GEEK :D

8. :D

....or maybe just another NV-610.....

:D

9. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    hehehehehehehehe! :cool:

10. Or how about a cupla 112 with the 610. :eek:
    So I'm now the proud owner of the second NV610 in Canada. Too bad I won't have a chance to play it at full volume before our first show of the tour in Quebec City tomorrow.

11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Mwahahaha! Scott at Rudy's Music in NYC said they shook their entire rowhouse when they set up an NV610/NV215 stack. I'm sorry I missed that! FYI, I also got my NV610 from the GEEK (hiya Corey, it's my #1 cab!)

12. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    Hey FUZZ! Glad you're still loving it. I've got a friend, Scott Palmer(Lakland endorser, "John Brown's Body", D.J. Logic..etc.) who uses an NV-610 and NV-215 stacked on their sides. He uses a Crest ST 2000 with an SVT Pro 4 head as a preamp. He's got a Joe Osborn 5 with an Aguilar OBP-1 and flatwounds, and he can main you at 100 paces!!!!!!!!! Seriously, it might be the most "painful" rig, to stand in front of, on the eastern seaboard! :help:
    GEEK

13. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    I dunno about that, Geek... Ever heard TWO early 70's SVT's into TWO 8x10's? :bag:

14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I think the Crest ST2000 into an NV610 & NV215 would walk all over a pair of SVT 8x10 driven by a pair of SVT heads!!!!

I've *ABSOLUTELY* no need for that kind of power... but I can't stop GASing for a NV610+NV215 rig :smug: :bassist:

I'm looking at the LT series poweramps from Crest though

15. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    I'd have to hear it to believe it.

16. Me too, just based on the amplifiers involved.....:D

That being said, the NV-610 is louder than any 810 I've used. It's a great cab, it really is. Works beautifully with my SVT.

17. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    How much does the NV-610 cost?

18. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    They were about $900.US but bergantino just had a price increase.