Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Obsessed - The Church Within

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Dear god, this is fantastic.

Old album I know, it doesn't deserve it's own thread blah blah. But this is my first exposure to Obsessed. Wino as many of you know was on Probot, so I found this CD for $4 in the used CD section.

This is great, groovin' metal with a great... wait... awesome singer. Anyone else like Obsessed?

2. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Some good ole traditional doom metal :bassist: .

Check out this great site Doom-Metal.com

EDIT: Lately I've come to decision that this is the genre of music that it is my goal to play, and just before the confusion ensues, it is NOT GOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not a fan of gothic music or people. The site has an excellent FAQ that will answer all your questions about Doom.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, but then you have bands like My Dying Bride who I think are gothy/doomy.

This is also a genre of music I wish to further persue. There is only one local doom metal band and they kick ass.

http://www.thehumanbeinglawnmower.net if anyone is interested in Erie, PA doom. :meh: :D

4. The Obsessed kick ass. You should check out Spirit Caravan which is the latest band from Wino.

5. Squidfinger

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Something must be wrong with my computer. I download the file then nothing. The little download% goes away and nothing happens, no you're missing this, or this won't work. :confused:

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Works for me! Sounds good SMASH!

-how the @#$& do you have time for all of your projects?

anyway, let us know when we can hear a complete song.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I noticed that they thank Dave Grohl in the liner notes to this album, in the People who have pulled us out of disasters and will probably do it again in the future. And the album came out in 94, way before probot, so they must have been hanging out for a long time, that's cool.

The album is also devoted to Frank Zappa :cool:

I know they are considered Sludge instead of Doom (same thing to me) but the Melvins are going to making an album with Jello Biafra. :D

8. Also check out Wino's other band THE HIDDEN HAND... great music...

BTW~~~ I'm also waiting for the MELVINS/BIAFRA cd.... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

9. Squidfinger

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Hey Smash, I listened to the track on the school's computer. Good stuff!!!! :bassist: