Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Octave Multiplexor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by barroso, Mar 19, 2002.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    electro harmonix octaver...who tried one?

[​IMG]

2. Is it an octavizer?

Enlighten me. What does it do :confused:

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    think to the tone of old cream album. an octaver double the note you are playing with a note an octave lower or higher. the results depends on the setting, but this can cause an "orchestral like tone" and a dirty fat but not distorted bass tone.

www.ehx.com
    visit them they have sound sample...

Octave Multiplexer

Get down! The Octave Multiplexer is finally back, generating deep, phat bass tones one octave below the notes you play into it. Dividing the Octave Multiplexer from other octave devices are the two separate smoothing filters that enable you to tailor your sub-octave signal to the exact bass sound you desire. Run your vocals through the Octave Multiplexer and sound just like Ike Turner.

4. WOW! Those samples sound fascinating.....

Thanks for the enlightenment :D

5. Wow, it has the punch that the Mutron Octave divider had too bad it only goes octaves bellow; but hey new synth octave! I bet it would sound good with an envelope filter.

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i tried this unit in a shop. in a word: impressive. works great with the bass. i tested it with a fender precision american thru both a bassman 400 and a swr rig, it's a really great. it will be my next purchase.
    thumbs up!

7. nickname

nickname

Jan 22, 2005
    i just purchased one, still gotta go to the jam space to try it. I'll give a review once i toy with it.

Does anyone else use one of these. can it do an octave above?

8. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Had it for a couple of weeks now, and what can I say...I love it! Does exactly what it says on the site..."Deep Phat bass tones an ocatve below what you put into it" or soemthing along those lines. The only thing I don't like about it is it's size. I mean they're really cheep compared to what else is about.

9. nickname

nickname

Jan 22, 2005
    Well i've tried mine out, and i can't say im a fan. it sounds alright when used on anything above the 12th fret is played, but the tone is completely destroyed when i used it active. adds a good kick, but i loose most of my high end and the tone becomes dull.

instruction manual says dick all.

anyone have some preferred settings?