Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i figure there are enough owners and lovers of the MM bongo here that we should dedicate a thread to it. i plan on buying one (maybe two, fretted 4 and fretless 5) this coming january and cant wait. at first i was indifferent to their aesthetics, but now i love them. so feel free to post any pictures, soundclips, or even info you would like to share.

and please, keep the bongo flaming to a minimum, we dont need or want any negativity here.
  2. omg bongos sux (imho)

Just kidding. ;)

Although I'm not a ginourmous fan of the body shape, everyone I have played sounded and felt amazing.

Very very sweet basses though.

If only I could cram all the electronics into a J bass body...
  3. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man

L-R: Sapphire Black dual humbucker fiver - ruler of all things Bongo. Carbon Blue Pearl H-SC model - for those more refined moments. Desert Gold dual humbucker four banger. More popular at Camp Bovine than a NOS Custom Shop Jazz.

Full frontal nudity shot:

Lights, camera, martini, action!

Newest addition, the limited edtion:

I have heard that Bongo shirts are in the works. I think I might have to get one or two.
  4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Or, four. :D
  5. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    How does the body on the Bongo hold up to abuse? Every bass I've ever owned that had a basswood body seemed like it was the most fragile thing in the world.
  6. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I've seen the Bongos hold up very well to the verbal abuse that they get. :D
  7. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    ^^^No doubt that they receive a lot of it. I've always thought that they were a good looking bass. Eh? To each their own I guess.
  8. I tried a Bongo recently when I was in the market but ended up with a Godin. The Bongo was the most amazing bass for slapping! If the store I was at had more of them, I would have likely found the "one" for me :)

If I buy another its gotta be a Bonga

- Andrew
  9. Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    i was saving up for a year for a bass. I was going to buy an acoustic Carvin bass but after I went to guitar center and played the bongo I changed my mind. My money went towards the bongo and here i am today. However, this just happened last week. Now I have to wait until the end of january to get it. It actually it the same exact bass that bovine host posted (HH desert gold 4 string). I'll keep you posted and I put up pics when i get it.
  10. I love Bongos. Every little thing about them. My first was a lava pearl 4HH, which I had to let go and my current Bongo is a single humbucker 5. They rock.

11. teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Say, I've seen those Bongos before!
    I don't actually own a Bongo. I don't plan on getting one, at least not right now (getting a Fender American Jazz - oh yeah!). I love the shape of those things, but I'm skeptical of the humbuckers. I play jazz, so I need a smooth mellow sound. Who knows, the Bongo's sound may surprise me!!!
  12. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    How do the singles compare to the duals? I'm kinda curious and the local shops don't carry bongos.

13. TheDirtyMoocher

Nov 11, 2004
    i just got my first bongo here it is in all its limited edition glory
  14. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    these pictures make me want one. STOP THE TORTURE :crying:
  15. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I like the sound, the look isn't TOO bad, but those dang finished necks!!!
  16. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I'm not gonna buy one. No, I'm not. But I love the green one. Envy green, indeed....

17. That green hornet looks SWEET!!!... makes me wanna DROOL!!!... Maybe santa claus will bring me one this Christmas... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  18. Deaj

Aug 15, 2004
    Kingston, WA
    My white Bongo 4 HH is smokin!
  19. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i love the desert gold one.
  20. I'm also curious. Seems like most have the dual humbucker type pickup. I really think the single one looks the best but have no idea which is superior in sound. Obviously the dual would be more versatile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.