The Official Canadian Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Nov 25, 2002.

1. I'm too lazy to look up each individual profile but I wanna see who are the active Canadian TB' goes:

- I live in Maple Ridge, BC,
    - I've been playing bass for 8 years and counting,
    - I have a Yorkville amp,
    - I do say "eh?" at the end of some sentences,
    - My favourite team is the Vancouver Canucks,
    - I was in Toronto for a grand total of 1 hour but managed to see more Tim Hortons there than in all of BC,

but most importantly...

"I AM CANADIAN!!!"

"HOLLER IF YOU HEAR ME!!!" (eh?)
  2. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    I AM CANADIAN!!!!!!!!

favourite (note non-american spelling) quote:
    "it's easy to forget Canada, all tucked away down there."
    -homer simpson

it's funny because its true ;) :p

3. CtheOp

Oct 11, 2001
    Toronto, Canada
    I've heard of a Canadian TB'er get-together that was hosted recently in Ontario. However, I didn't get wind of it until it was over. Hopefully next year a similar event can be held. This would be a great thread to reference for contacts.

So where are the rest of you Canuck bassists? I know there are more than have replied so far. Pull off your woollen mitts before typing.... it makes it easier....:p
  4. I haven't been there since the late 90s, but I still have my Canadian passport.

I'm still waiting for a Canucks-Leafs Stanley Cup final (is that possible with the 'new' conferences?)
  5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    America part II is what I call it :p
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Canada is a great place to go relax, kick back, and consume adult beverages.

Plus Canada really helped out in WW2, and nobody really acknowledges thier heroic efforts.

Thanks 'Oh Canada!
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Canadian beer SUCKS!

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I want to be Canadian...

I have some years to think about it :)
  9. Yep Canada does rule...

Gotta love the Free Health Care...

I went to the clinic today, didnt have to pay... hahah you american suckers! :D

and we need to do this "Get together" thing... thatd be cool
  10. I'm 1/8th Canadian by ancestry. I've been there twice. I really like the place. I'd like to return someday for a longer stay.
  11. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    - I live in Calgary, Alberta
    - My favorite hockey team are the Calgary Flames (Yes, I am embarassed to admit that.)
    -I have been playing bass for the last 2 years
    -I don't say "eh"
    -I don't have a pet beaver, though I wish I did.
  12. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Thats just because you can't handle it! :D
  13. When you start working, you'll quickly realize that we pay higher taxes than our U.S. bros., as well as a monthly premium for medical insurance (deducted from your paycheck) to cover health care costs. If you're on top of current events, you'll know that our 'free' health care is in jeopardy. Still, I love Canada!
  14. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Have any of you cannucks ever bought anything from

They sell a ton of the Free Jazz sorta stuff I'm constantly on the hunt for...with the exchange rate being what it is, I'm thinking I can pick up some 'hard-to'find' titles at a premium.

I will also add that youse guys are some trusting souls. A few years back, I bought some T-shirts from the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds...& they wanted to send them COD.
    They did seem a trifle surprised when I called & said "The checque's in the mail". ;)

Hey X-
    You ever find out who did that tune?

15. Well fine! my NDP vote is gone
  16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    canada is great! i'm going to toronto this wednesday night. w00t!

hope to meet some of you toronto tb'ers. :)
  17. DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    My Canadian heritage extends all the way back to the mid 1700's on both parents' sides of the family.

I live in the capital and enjoy Saturday morning trips to Crappy Tire and Timmy's for a large double-double.

I complain daily about the weather and how those stupid Liberals are ruining the country (or wait, was it the Alliance, or the Conservatives, or the NDP??? Whatever...)

I started playing organized hockey at age five.

My Canada includes Quebec - where else would we go mountain biking and buy beer on Sunday mornings?

I like my 7% beer cold and my pizza "with" (with gravy, that is).

The U.S. is a great place to visit, but I'd never want to live there (esp. after watching "Bowling for Columbine")

I pay a 60% premium for any goods coming from the 'states.

Mulroney screwed us with NAFTA and the GST...

Just a few things that prove "I am Canadian"!!!!

18. -Hey, I'm from Canada!!!
    -I love hockey, but I mostly dislike the NHL, too commercialized. Loved it back in the 80s, but when Puck sold Gretzky, things changed.
    -I have been playing bass for 7 years.
    -I do say eh, but I mix in a little y'all when I go south of the border.
    -I have a picture of a beaver on my door, and some girl told me it was vulgar. Nope, it was my reply that was vulgar.
    -I go to my parents place in Nunavut for Christmas. It seems that some people think all of Canada is like that, but it isn't.
    -I go to Saskatchewan every spring for the annual Saskatchewan polar bear hunt!!:D