1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Fender Player Series Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrNylon, Jul 12, 2019.

1. My Player P. Plays great and sounds great. Just put Roto Swing 66s on tonight and they sound mean. Great combo.

pbass10.

2. RumbleMan3

RumbleMan3

Apr 14, 2018
    Australia
    Has anyone ever compared a player series jazz bass with a bass equipped with custom shop 60s pups by any chance?

Reason I’m asking is because I’m considering a pickup swap to those, but not sure if it’s worth it, if they make a big improvement or not, because the stock pickups are really good

MrNylon likes this.
  3. RumbleMan3

RumbleMan3

Apr 14, 2018
    Australia
    I’m GASing for a white/maple player p.

Gold anodised pickgaurd and some black strings would pair extremely well with that! :drool:

MrNylon likes this.
  4. MrNylon

MrNylon "ROAD REX" Supporting Member

I lost some pics of my Buttercream Player Jazz.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 8:51 PM
    Tad, Shaggai and metron like this.
  5. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    So what's the scoop on the Jaguar PJ? Those that have them, are you liking the bass? Is the P pickup in the traditional P spot 28.5" from the nut or did Fender shift it a bit toward the neck like they did with the Aerodynes?

MrNylon likes this.
  6. Shaggai

Shaggai

May 7, 2018
    Little brother always feels better with big brother around. Will be posting my buttercream family soon (Player P & J basses).

MrNylon and outoftune like this.
  7. Shaggai

Shaggai

May 7, 2018
    OK I like to join the Player with the Fender Players club. Here are the two boys, big brother and little brother.
    20190904_193959_resized.
    Little brother (the Jazz) is essentially still stock from factory. Big brother (the Precision) was modified by a Black 3ply BWB Pickguard Planet pickguard. It also has D'addario ECB80 Flat Wound Chromes on it because I heard all P basses must have flats. I like playing them both, but I feel I'm a Jazz player since I like the feel to the thinner neck profile. It is nice though to play the Precision with its "this is what I do" sound, the flats also playing nice with either fingers or a pick. I was temped to extend the family since Sweetwater was advertising an exclusive Buttercream Mustang, but although I do like Medium scale basses, I think short scale may seem too short. Time will tell if the GAS can be avoided however...

scottm, Tad, Green Sub and 1 other person like this.
  8. BeRad

BeRad

Mar 13, 2018
    MX19091953-angle-xlarge.

Hank Scorpio, Tad and gsgbass like this.
  9. MrNylon

Hey Shaggai, You're #12, in The Official Fender Player Series Bass Club! Welcome Aboard! [​IMG]

Nice! I love the Maple fretboards. I'm partial to Maple myself, with the Buttercream.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 9:35 PM
  10. OllyW

OllyW

Oct 10, 2017
    Stourbridge, UK
    I checked mine last night and it's about 10mm closer to the neck.

MrNylon and metron like this.
  11. That is a stunner.. I'm usually a maple neck guy, and I love picking up my Player P so much that I thought my GAS was sorted, but I am a sucker for orange.

Maybe I need a Jazz, or Jag..

gsgbass likes this.
  12. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Thanks for checking!

MrNylon and OllyW like this.
  13. MrNylon

Hey minddrain, You're #13, in The Official Fender Player Series Bass Club! Welcome Aboard! [​IMG]

Post those pics when you get that bass in. Oh Yeah,............ [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  14. MrNylon

Not that it really matters, but I've officially gone back to the original TB user name of, MrNylon. [​IMG]

15. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    DCCB2D82-7CAC-43A7-B702-03865E055913.
    7462569D-A27D-4A9B-A483-A88EA59EF79A.
    New bass day! My Player Series Jazz came in the mail today! I also bought a new roasted maple neck for it.

I also have a Player Series P bass I put Seymour Duncan pickups in and a roasted maple neck for it too.

-ScottM

16. MrNylon

Hey scottm! You're #14, in The Official Fender Player Series Bass Club! Welcome Aboard! [​IMG]

Good looking basses.

scottm likes this.
  17. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Thank you!

-ScottM

MrNylon likes this.
  18. OllyW

OllyW

Oct 10, 2017
    Stourbridge, UK
    That neck is a beauty, I’ve just fitted one on my P-Bass.

3617F881-7528-4B95-94D3-AA4849E120C3.

MrNylon, scottm and RumbleMan3 like this.
  19. RumbleMan3

RumbleMan3

Apr 14, 2018
    Australia
    How would a roasted maple neck look with a black and white bass?

MrNylon likes this.
  20. Anyone fitted Ultralites to their Player yet, either Lic or USA?

MrNylon likes this.