1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Fender Precision Bass Club (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Nov 6, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
  2. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Well, it's really the second, but I'm not a moderator, so it's as close as I can get.

Here's my P-bass:

PB-closeup.

3. roccobladr

roccobladr

Aug 17, 2009
    from other thread..

thanks to stephenq i have my first fender! mark hoppus p bass
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Red Planet

Red Planet Banned SUSPENDED

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    I'm cranky in my old age.
    Subscribed.

5. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Knickers... I'll have to buy another one now!

6. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    DSCN3980.
    DSCN3978.
    DSCN3981.

Rarcauto1 likes this.
  7. P done RIGHT!! :bassist:

8. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    I dont mean to be hatin but hoppus basses don't count. But I luv em!

9. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Wow FL, thats sweet! But its an Aria, so youll get in trouble..

But I love the smell of new thread in the morning!

DSC07473.

10. I hate to be nit-picky, but checking out some of the other posts, there are some bass players with modded P basses...even if it's a pickguard...can we honestly be part of "The Official Fender Precision Bass Club"?

I know my Fender/Squier parts P bass doesn't count...

11. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I added a 10 hole Tortoise Shell pickguard to my Road Worn Precision. Is it no longer an official Fender? ;)

12. lazy old sun

lazy old sun

May 10, 2009
    Ann Arbor
    Finally got my 2009 MIM fixed, so I figured I'd celebrate by posting some pictures . . .

DSCN0215.

DSCN0217.

DSCN0227.

Too bad it gets dark so early now, I'll have to take better pictures some time when its light out.

13. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Here's what SpeckledMind ( [​IMG] ) posted at the start of the original thread:

This is “ The Official Fender Precision Bass Club “.
    I have searched and discovered there isn't one, so here is it :D

The Rules,
    1. I shall assign numbers.
    2. It must be a genuine Fender Bass ( no parts Bass and no Frankenbass ).
    3. It must sport a genuine Fender Logo on the head stock ( sorry no Squier's ).
    4. It must have a split singlecoil pickup or vintage p-bass singlecoil.
    5. Can have more than one pickup, but must have a split singlecoil or vintage p-bass singlecoil ( Standard, American Standard, American Deluxe, Highway One, American Vintage etc... ).
    6. They can be MIA, MIM, MIJ etc... as long as it was produced under license for Fender.
    7. Vintage and Modern are welcome.
    8. Pictures are encouraged.
    9. Please no rude comments on the basses of others.
    10. No PMs please. it’s only to make it fair when assigning numbers.
    11. Have fun.

The guide lines.
    - I saw a lot of Clubs on the Forum such as " The Precision Decision ", " The Official Fender MIJ/CIJ ", " The Squier ", etc... but I did not see “ The Official Fender Precision Bass Club “, so I thought it would be a good idea to put one together.
    - The Club is meant to be a tribute to Leo Fender’s Precision Bass, and the Basses presented stay with in the rules, the guide lines / spirit of the club, meaning the Basses being genuine Fender’s, sporting a genuine Fender Logo on the head stock.
    - I just don’t know when a Fender stops being a genuine Fender and becomes a parts Bass, I’m thinking upgrades with Fenders parts such as the pick guard, the bridge, things like Fender's Custom shop stuff, not to mention other parts produced under license for Fender or used by Fender such as the Badass Bridge.- I don’t want to be a fanatic, nor do I want to split hairs and police this Thread with “ Is the Bass you present a Genuine Fender Bass “, and “ what upgrade is valid and witch one is not “.
    That being said.
    - I will leave it up to each individual to determine if the Bass they are presenting, falls under the rules and guide lines of this Thread of being a genuine Fender Bass.

This is meant to be a fun Thread, it's intended to be “ The Official Fender Precision Bass Club “ and for " genuine Fender Basses ", I hope that every one who will be participating, will keep it in the scope of things.

Enjoy

14. So we Busted the 1K mark, and got a new home :hyper:

To kick it off, let me say "a Big Tank You " to all who have joined the “ The Official Fender Precision Bass Club “, and those who come back to visit and see our Posts.

Before we move on, I will remind everyone to read, follow and respect the Rules and Guide lines that where set in place on the first Thread, before Posting http://talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535110

To add.
    If you decide to Post more Picts of your Fender P-Bass, please let me know if you already have a number, so I don’t give you one by mistake

So ! on with Part Two of " The Official Fender Precision Bass Club " :bassist:

As requested,
    The Official Fender Precision Bass Club members are as follows,
    vstring3 #338
    Stuart O))) #339
    roccobladr #340
    Kirk Bryant #341

15. The Mark Hoppus Signature P-Bass is sold under the Fender name, if it’s original as it came from the manufacturer, it’s a Fender, therefore in the Club.

rb1, Thanks :D
    That's exactly what I was going to do this morning to kick off the new Thread ;)

16. Well, I promised pics of my bass in Part 1, so here they are.

First, a silhouette
    PB060094.

PB060092.

PB060091.

PB060089.

PB060088.

And my tribute to MarkusBass
    PB060087.

I know that it has Seymour Duncan pups, but I consider it an Official Fender Precision, so it counts. So there :spit: :D

EDIT: Sorry Speckled, I do have a number, just posting pics cause I can :p

17. stevetat

stevetat

Nov 11, 2005
    New England
    [​IMG]

'64 P - CIJ Silver Paisley - CS '55 P - MIJ P A/E

18. My ´77. Modded a little bit, but it´s a monster:bassist:
    Originaly sunburst, I want it sparkle gold:) 80-ties DiMarzio single and BadAss II bridge.

Hey Luke.Walton we have got same basses:smug:

Attached Files:

19. Mine's older :p. What's that nifty metal thing around your Jazz Pup?

Also, I'm really liking the natural/BWB/RW combo.

And mine now has a pick wedged under the guard in the same position. A dunlop yellow if I recall.

Aren't we the best?

20. Oh yeah sir, we are :) :) :)
    Which year is yours? Seems like early 70-ties to me...Also it looks like it´s not originally natural finish.

So I do like that combination. Body si one piece alder, so aesthetically it´s perfect. But I totaly dig gold sparkle finishes, so I want it in that nitro finish.

Yeah, and that nifty thing...I don´t know who was previous owner. I bought it from rareandvintageguitars in UK. Obviously he wanted to add bridge pickup. So he cut the hole. But somehow he cut it bigger than Pup. So he just added that metal cover, cos that hole it almost as big as cover...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.