1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Fender Precision Bass Club (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Nov 6, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigb43

craigb43

Nov 20, 2007
    Oregon
    here is my what we think is a 1973 p bass , this is the one ive been told has a battery in it powering these emg's , im taking those out and the power sorce and going back to some new passive pickups , not sure what yet but all your help has been good , thanks all

Attached Files:

2. J-Building

J-Building

Jan 1, 2009
    Posting pictures again. Would like a number please. Hope I can get an explanation as to why my bass isn't a P bass if I don't get a number.

04-03-10_1758.

04-03-10_1757.

04-03-10_1756.

04-03-10_1755.

04-03-10_1753.

3. rdwoody1

rdwoody1

Aug 23, 2009
    Jackson, TN
    I've got a set of those in this thing:

4487848957_d2b56c7550_b.

I'm really, really impressed with the pickups. That thing is cheap project bass that I traded an old guitar for and after painting it and putting those pups in, it was my main bass for a while and it is still a heck of a backup to my American P. They really rock, I get anything from a low, smooth thump to a growl out of them.

4. Interesting twist. The guidelines of the thread or that it must sport the standard split or single coil pickup HOWEVER there is not denying that the Big Block was marketed by Fender as a Precision bass. Since it is genuine Fender with Precision on the headstock I say it has to count.

5. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    I love QPs... very hot, entwistle-ish, but when distorted it keeps some bass instead of dropping it all like other pups

6. ljazz

ljazz

Dec 10, 2002
    Cookeville, TN
    I second the motion.

7. It was marketted on their website under Big Block Special in the P-bass category - therefore its a P-bass!

8. allotabass

allotabass Guest

9. allotabass

allotabass Guest

10. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    How do you like the tone of those basses? They look killer.

11. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    I suspect the black sticker gives the natural one more thump.

12. both your basses look amazing!! do they both have warmoth necks? so how do they sound?
    any soundclips?

13. jgparm

jgparm

Sep 27, 2007
    Southern Missouri
    Finally put my P back together after a refin, logo fix and tuner swap. No more neck dive!

Wish I had a fence like Dark Horse's. His pics are the best.

P4123983.
    P4123942.
    P4123927.

14. what's that refin? looks great!

15. jgparm

jgparm

Sep 27, 2007
    Southern Missouri
    Thank you kindly. The refin was pretty basic. Lots of sanding/roughing, four or five coats of primer, five coats of black, four or five coats of clear. I'm interested to see how this matte finish will wear over time. Total expense was $25 and it took a couple weeks.

For what it's worth, my avatar shows the old color (refinished by a previous owner).

16. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    What tuners did you go for? I love my Ps, but hate the neck dragging on my shoulder.

17. jgparm

jgparm

Sep 27, 2007
    Southern Missouri
    I smell what you're cooking. I went with Hipshot Ultralites.

18. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

That's some sweet P Bass action right there !

(Pssst- I love my fence too !)

:D

19. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    Thanks for that, I'm hoping to cure this niggle with the "right" strap, but if it all gets too much..................GAS is good :D

20. Colonel129

Colonel129

Feb 23, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    After picking this beauty (I named her Penelope) I'd love to join this great club! Show love with a number!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.