1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Fender Precision Bass Club (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Nov 6, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I understand man, and its getting studio time, so thats fine with me!

Good thinking man, yer a smart one. ;)

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Oh yeah, can't wait to get her recorded and post some sound clips for you all. :) Thanks for reading :D

3. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    LOL, I gotta fix that...

4. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    There you go, a much better way to proceed IMHO. Customising to your own spec rules.

5. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    Right now, I have four Ps: Classic '51 RI, fretless split-coil, Classic '50s, and an AV '57 I got in September. Nothing new, there.

But this February I sold my Les Paul gold top and bought a Mesa/Boogie Walkabout Scout with the money (also traded in a Hartke stack).

Saturday night I finally had an opportunity to gig with the combination and, tell ya what, I think I've bought my last bass and amp! Warm, present, not boomy or tubby, just ever musical and sweet. Several people (including everyone in the band) remarked on how they could hear my bass lines weaving in and out of the drums and keyboard and rhythm guitar without overpowering any of the other instruments.

So THIS is what a Precision's really like!:hyper:

6. whisper14072

whisper14072

May 16, 2008
    Grand Island
  7. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
    Number please! :hyper:

2001 MIM, Ice Blue metallic. :bassist:

pbass3.

8. Cheers guys - after a gig last friday i decided my Precision is waaaaay better than the Peavey BXP and i've decided to mod my MiM.

Only problem is i cant find a Badass or a Gotoh 201 anywhere in the uk.. everywhere has sold out =[

Any ideas?

9. I LOVE that colour :) Looks great!

10. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Why swap out the bridge?... I find the stock to be adequate. I have a MiM 2002 p and I've only needed to do some slight modding as the bass is just fine. The machines were a tad loose so I added some wilkos. I'll get some vintage types when I can afford it, the rest was just cosmetic... great basses though.

[​IMG]

11. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    BH, remember, some of us want different things. ;)

12. Dumps

Dumps

May 5, 2010
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I love my 80's MIJ P-bass.

13. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Absolutely... horses for courses.

14. My stock bridge is basically 'shagged'. The G-saddle won't sit straight and is slightly bent so the string tends to move the tiniest bit while playing. Its just really annoying.

I Love the BAII on my Marcus Miller, so i've been trying to look for one. Then someone here recommended the Gotoh-201, but i havent managed to find one either. I just cant seem to find the parts, but at the moment it looks like im just going to have to get a stock replacement from axesrus. =[

Its my 18th next week, so im finally going to finish modding my bass, finish my pedalboard and hopefully i'll have enough left over to get myself another backup bass :)

15. As requested,
    The Official Fender Precision Bass Club members are as follows,
    whisper14072 #482
    ibnzneksrul #483

16. I was at the Leo Quan website the day before yesterday, and they were announcing new shipments of the BA bridges.

17. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    I already have a number but put together a recent photo with the help of Photoshop. My CS '59 Relic.

50Pcopy.

59closeupcopy.

18. Humm, I have an itch, so I will throw you guys a curve ball :bag:

I’m reading TheRockinRoadie’s last Post, and keep thinking about Post #908 Dark Horse made on page 46 when he listed pups and sounds potential, as I had written, I just “ Loved that TibBit and info “, it’s also crossed my mind that we don’t talk about upgrades in detail much on this Fender P-Bass Forum, almost like it was Taboo or something, there is nothing wrong with upgrades, most of us use them or consider using them at some point.

Here is where I’m going with this :D

While staying in the scope of this Thread ( rules and guide lines ), let’s get the exchange going, jump on board, feel free to add positive comments, ideas, present or past experiences using different parts and upgrades, what Bass you used it on ( P or PJ config ), are you talking active or passive, what body was it on ( MIA, MIM, model like Aerodine, RI, year, etc... ), what it did or didn’t do for you or that Bass etc...

I’m thinking these exchanges and discussion can be a guide for us Fender P-Bass guys ( and galls ), you know, in our quest for that magical sound ( and looks maybe ).

Since no two Basses play the same ( and feel the same ), tell us exactly what your set up is or was ( some of us miss a certain Bass or set up we had ), example if you talk strings, a simple bridge upgrade or board on a certain body can make a world of difference, so spell it all out.

Here are some of the topics I propose :hyper:

Let’s talk about items such as the bridge, Tuners, Pups of course and strings :bassist:

While we are at it, let’s throw in pickguards, thumb rest, pup covers and everything else that affect the looks ;)

O ! I almost forgot, Post some Picts guys

19. whisper14072

whisper14072

May 16, 2008
    Grand Island

Thanks for the number!!!!!!

20. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I love my Hipshot A style. It increased tone, its sharp like the stock Fender bridges (pick players, hello!?), and it increased sustain, and IMO, tone, when I put it on. I havent looked back sense.

... and it looks awesome without throwing my classic/modern vibe outta wack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.