1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Fender Precision Bass Club (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, May 8, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    I love the road worns!!! Just too pricey. My price limit doesn't exceed $500 (well it does if it's a gift lol)

2. Jedisan

Jedisan

Feb 25, 2009
    East Bay, CA
    [​IMG]

I would like to request a club number please. Thanks!

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Wow. Just wow.

4. bluesbasshound

bluesbasshound

Jan 31, 2006
    Florida
    Count me in with my 2004 Fender Dirnt P Bass - no longer black, but stripped ala natural...
    someday I will post a pic of it in it's natural ash state, hopefully with a Darkstar added!

Attached Files:

5. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    Ooh I think I just soiled myself :D

NICE!

6. Loving all the P's being shown :D

:bassist:

As requested,
    The Official Fender Precision Bass Club members are as follows,
    Jedisan #491
    bluesbasshound #492

7. Jedisan

Jedisan

Feb 25, 2009
    East Bay, CA
    Thanks for the club number, and thanks too for the great comments about my P!

8. I'm currently debating between getting a Highway 1 in a few weeks, or waiting a few more weeks and getting a new american standard.
    :meh::confused:

9. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Well, do you want maple or Rosewood?

Isnt the HW1 Mexican parts assembled in the US, or vice versa? And do you want nitro or poly? Wear or safety?

10. Well, I know the HW's are US necks/bodies, upgraded tone circuits/bridge. I know the tuners are the same as MIMs, and there seems to be some debate about the pups. Either way nearly every person I've talked to about them said they're fantastic and can hang with any Am Std.

The finish doesn't really affect my decision, as either would be fine with me. I like the idea of the hwy's getting worn as you play them, but at the same time I've always wanted an Oly White P. A VERY close second is burst with a black guard, but I can't decide.

Basically, the main reason I'd go with the Am Std. is for the namesake, the guarantee on quality, and the olympic white option. I'm just not sure that it's worth another $600 for all that.

I'm going to be using this 3 day weekend I have to hit up every guitar center/sam ash within an hour of me and play as many H1's and Am Stds as I can. Then see if I can tell the difference in tone or construction, and make my decision from there.

11. whisper14072

whisper14072

May 16, 2008
    Grand Island
    Just got my 2006 P-bass yesterday... paired with my Ampeg B200R... WOW this thing sounds FANTASTIC!!!!! I will post pics either tonight ot tomorrow :)

12. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    $600 difference!??! You can get used MIA here on TB for ~$800. Andrew (GeneralElectric) is or was selling a maple/oly white P, get a hold of him.

13. whisper14072

whisper14072

May 16, 2008
    Grand Island
    yea... I got mine on the bay for $750!!!!:hyper:

/edit just an added note... it is a MIA P Bass :) /edit

14. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    See, deals can be had. I spent $550 on my Geddy, about $650 total with new parts, and got a straight trade for my MIA Fender P. So, it can be done.

15. precision #2

an oddball. neckplate says '76 - but the neck itself maybe an earlier year. Originally a fretless. Pretty modded - but for the better...since it is a player.

whole. body_1.
    neck1.
    nut.

16. slick_tu

slick_tu

Sep 19, 2006
    South Jersey
    I got a pristine 2009 black/maple Am. Std. P on TB for $825 shipped a few months back. Buy American!

17. Yeah, I overstated the price difference. Math is hard sometimes.

After today's developments, I'll be back in this club in one way or another relatively soon

18. I love how Nitro ages, but I will opt for quality components any day of the week over the body finish, hands down, go American, better components.

As mentioned, go used, check the classifieds, that’s where I got my Fender P ( that’s where I got my all my Basses at it matters ), and that’s where I’m shopping.

As requested,
    The Official Fender Precision Bass Club members are as follows,
    thebasssponge #493
    whisper14072 #494
    oddgrowth #495

19. rust_preacher

rust_preacher Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Finland
    Question to modders: I have this American Deluxe Precision and the black screws in the tailpiece are getting stuck with rust making adjustments difficult. I wonder if there is any sense in replacing the original with a Hipshot bridge? How would this work tonewise?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.