1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Fender Precision Bass Club (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, May 8, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. '03 Mex:

pbass.

2. I was thinking about putting a black pickguard on mine.... it looks pretty cool but I would have to change my plastic tone and volume knobs or it would look kind of silly.

3. As requested,
    The Official Fender Precision Bass Club members are as follows,
    Bernie Connors #505
    brettf #506
    The Fumble #507

4. RedsFan75

RedsFan75

Apr 26, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I changed out the MIM PU in mine and put the Fender '62 pu in it, WOW! All I can say is WOW. That pickup is awesome!

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I'm trying to decide if want to change mine ot not. I like how mine sounds, but that '62 RI is awesome.

6. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    I have a number, but sharing my pics again:

4350334415_3c51f1c7f8_b.
    DSCN3978.
    DSCN3981.

7. lenorules1950

lenorules1950

Aug 20, 2004
    Meriden, CT
    DSCN3981.

:eek: It's... BEYOOTIFUL... :eek:

8. Mine came with an Antiquity I Raised A pickup, I have a 62ri on the way to compare.

9. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    I'm in.

Just received this brand new '62 AVRI today. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. My GOSH that's awesome! Add a bridge cover and that may be the coolest bass on TB. Well done!

Great pictures too. Crisp detail even at full resolution. Will make awesome desktop pics for my i7 iMac when I get it. :)

LOVE. THAT. BASS.

11. A very minor thing regarding the '62 RI: I wish Fender would use era-specific celluloid for their fret markers instead of the white material they use now. Again, very minor but I'd like to see it.

Horny Toad, what do you think of the fret size on the '62? I love small frets, like banjo frets. How would you describe the fret size on your P?

Thanks!

12. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    I'm hoping to witness another nice "Dirnt," but I don't see a picture.

I put some TI flats on mine and love it. I also tried Chromes, but the TI's hit the spot for me.

13. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    Thank you for the kind words. :)

I think I'll install the bridge cover, but I first have to build up the nerve to drill into the body. ;)

As for fret size, Fender refers to them as "vintage style", so I don't know how they would compare to an actual '62. They're certainly smaller than the medium jumbo frets on most other Fender basses. Very comfortable to play on, though I only played it a little bit last night. I immediately took off the factory rounds and put on a fresh set of La Bella 760FL's.

14. slick_tu

slick_tu

Sep 19, 2006
    South Jersey
    I put on that blue painter's masking tape and drilled pilot holes with the smallest drill bit I had to keep from chipping the finish. I used several bits until I got to the right one, and the finish was untouched. I used one of those hand drills. I forget whether they came with them, but the covers use pickguard screws.

15. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ

Cool, I'm sure I'll give it a try at some point. I'll never put the pickup cover on, but I think the bridge cover would dress it up. And yes, it came with four screws, and they look just like pickguard screws.

16. Dogfish

Dogfish

May 15, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Let me try this one more time...
    [​IMG]

17. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    I can see it now. Your "Dirnt" is a real beauty:D

18. As requested,
    The Official Fender Precision Bass Club members are as follows,
    Horny Toad #508

PS : LOve the nick :D :help:

19. precision punk

precision punk

Mar 15, 2009
    Here's my main player a Fender MIA Precision in Honey Blonde with a Fender Tortoise Shell pickguard and creme Dimarzio Model P's! It sure does growl but also has a lot of thump as well.

Picture055.

20. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    We need more pics, please! I wanna see it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.