1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Official Fender Precision Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by speckledmind, Apr 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is “ The Official Fender Precision Bass Club “.
    I have searched and discovered there isn't one, so here is it :D

The Rules,
    1. I shall assign numbers.
    2. It must be a genuine Fender Bass ( no parts Bass and no Frankenbass ).
    3. It must sport a genuine Fender Logo on the head stock ( sorry no Squier's ).
    4. It must have a split singlecoil pickup or vintage p-bass singlecoil.
    5. Can have more than one pickup, but must have a split singlecoil or vintage p-bass singlecoil ( Standard, American Standard, American Deluxe, Highway One, American Vintage etc... ).
    6. They can be MIA, MIM, MIJ etc... as long as it was produced under license for Fender.
    7. Vintage and Modern are welcome.
    8. Pictures are encouraged.
    9. Please no rude comments on the basses of others.
    10. No PMs please. it’s only to make it fair when assigning numbers.
    11. Have fun.

The guide lines.
    - I saw a lot of Clubs on the Forum such as " The Precision Decision ", " The Official Fender MIJ/CIJ ", " The Squier ", etc... but I did not see “ The Official Fender Precision Bass Club “, so I thought it would be a good idea to put one together.
    - The Club is meant to be a tribute to Leo Fender’s Precision Bass, and the Basses presented stay with in the rules, the guide lines / spirit of the club, meaning the Basses being genuine Fender’s, sporting a genuine Fender Logo on the head stock.
    - I just don’t know when a Fender stops being a genuine Fender and becomes a parts Bass, I’m thinking upgrades with Fenders parts such as the pick guard, the bridge, things like Fender's Custom shop stuff, not to mention other parts produced under license for Fender or used by Fender such as the Badass Bridge.
    - I don’t want to be a fanatic, nor do I want to split hairs and police this Thread with “ Is the Bass you present a Genuine Fender Bass “, and “ what upgrade is valid and witch one is not “.
    That being said.
    - I will leave it up to each individual to determine if the Bass they are presenting, falls under the rules and guide lines of this Thread of being a genuine Fender Bass.

This is meant to be a fun Thread, it's intended to be “ The Official Fender Precision Bass Club “ and for " genuine Fender Basses ", I hope that every one who will be participating, will keep it in the scope of things.

Enjoy :hyper:

Bassist_5LX likes this.
  2. I will start.

First up on the right hand side is my Fender 1992 MIA Precision Bass Plus ( "Boner P-Bass", original Lace Sensor P-J Pup config, 3 way switch, series / parallel switch ).
    Second up on the left hand side is my 2004 Fender American Standard Precision Bass ( S-1 series / parallel switch ).

Better Pict to come.
    IMG_2567.

3. I'll stand by and wait for number three, but here's one of my MIA Ps, enough to get me in the door, right?

hard2beatap.

4. Count me in. I have a few but I will post my Fullerton Reissue.

P1030260.

5. Oops. Wrong picture. Try again. It's an '03 for number 3.

03complete-side.

6. WoW, looks like it was a good idea, we have a line up lol

The Official Fender Precision Bass Club members are as follows,
    speckledmind #1 and #2
    rustynuts #3
    Johnny Alien #4

7. id like to join heres my ol girl 78' all there except the pickguard gets changed when im feeling froggy.....or whenever i was in a band that didnt need the chrome covers and flatwounds...lol

basspics007.
    basspics011.

8. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Here's my Fender CS '59 RI. May I please have a number, thank you.

DSCN0252-1.
    DSCN0253.

BigThud likes this.
  9. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Please allow me entry on the ground floor of this most distinguished of clubs. Thank you ever so much, kind sir. "02 Am Dlx, candy tangerine.

Attached Files:

10. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Cool color. :D

11. The Official Fender Precision Bass Club members are as follows,
    speckledmind #1 and #2
    rustynuts #3
    Johnny Alien #4
    dropbass #5
    sneha1965 #6
    RickenBoogie #7

12. Just love that Fender CS '59 RI sneha :)

13. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Thank you Sir, and thanks for kicking off the Official Fender Precision Bass Club!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Nice '92 BTW. Is that transparent red?

14. count me in. I'll post pics in a mo'.

15. rapturebass

rapturebass

Dec 6, 2008
    Connecticut
    Isn't there already a precision club? Or is that club all precisions, and this one fenders only?

16. Don’t call me Sir, it makes me feel like I’m everyone's grandfather lol
    Denis will do just fine :D

It was a pleasure kick starting the Official Fender Precision Club, I had been wondering why no one had done it before me ;)

The 92 is 2-Color Sunburst.
    The 04 is a fairly new addition, I got fed up of looking for a Vintage while, so I settled for the 04 is Sunset Orange Transparent because it has the sound I had been looking for.

17. Are numbers being assigned to each individual bass? If so, I'll go ahead and take number 8 as well.

08MIM.

I've got six Fender Ps right now, with another project P on the way. No need for all those numbers though.

18. 1237427290.

My MIM baby. :) :bassist:

19. 2007 MIM FSR P

IMG_3456c.

20. There is a Generic P-Bass Club, this one is a Fender only :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.