1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Fender Road Worn Club!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kirk Bryant, Dec 4, 2015.

1. So here ya go guys, it been quiet here. So here's an update.
    We don't have any Road Worn Flea bass owners yet, so come on ya'all.

IF YOU WANT A NUMBER PM ME

1) Kirk bryant
    2) Foolforthecity
    3) Mark Beem
    4) bassyboyg
    5) tedsalt
    6) Jim Carr
    7) basmartin
    8) Ballin'bass
    9) Rodl2005
    10) MrWu
    11) Co0O
    12) bbbenji
    13) Wolfenstein666
    14) Goalee
    15) Markth30
    16) munkeyfish
    17) KentuckyMartian
    18) RossMcLochness
    19) denton57
    20) Eric Boyer
    21) Bikeguy57
    22) sub-commandante
    23) Arrow
    24) wilder
    25) bassestkkm
    26) jaco944
    27) theRocco
    28) mouthmw

47) Crusher 47

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    rodl2005 likes this.
  2. SJan3

SJan3

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    Was the conversion to spoke wheel truss rod adjuster difficult? It's the difficult access for adjustment that keeps me from hopping on the Road Worn Train.

3. foolforthecity

foolforthecity Supporting Member

image. image.
    Not so fast, #1... I started off with a fiesta red P then picked up a Flea about 4 months ago or so. Love 'em both!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    murphy, Bugpin and ColdEye like this.
  4. jaco944

jaco944 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2005
    4667FFE2-5DB6-47D9-B72D-6C9663CB95A0.
    Me too! Also have a sunburst and fiesta Red RW P.

5. Sweet, nice basses guys! I have been jonesing for one of those since they came out to match my Shell Pink Precision.
    @SJan3 if your worried about adjusting the truss rod, I wouldn't stress. It's just not a problem, you can do it fairly easily. But honestly my basses (23) rarely need an adjustment and in Oregon we have some pretty extreme temp/humidity changes. I have about ten fenders and I don't think I've touched the TR on any in the last 2-3 years.

6. I've seen the error of my ways and I would like to make amends for excluding the Justin Meldel RW Mustang bass. In spite of anything I may have said earlier in this thread.
    Please accept my most humble apology. To be all inclusive lets just say any model Fender makes with a Road Worn label on it is most welcome.

foolforthecity likes this.
  7. tedsalt

tedsalt Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Kansas City
    Following is my thread following along as I installed the spoke wheel truss rod adjuster on both the RW P and the RW J. There are some other suggestions to handle truss rod adjustment, but the wheel is handy.

stewmac spoke wheel truss rod nut mod?

It could have been cleaner, but hey, it's a Road Worn :). Actually, on hind sight, if you clamp something across the width of the bass you might be able to use that as a guide to keep that bottom cut even. Hind sight is 20/20 ...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  8. GeorgeBassPlay

GeorgeBassPlay

Apr 27, 2013
    Greetings Fellow Roadwornians.... I have a Sunburst Roadworn Jazz ....

I have been tempted more than once to get a Road Worn P but haven't been able to find one to try out... COn cerned the neck is too thick for me....

In any event, may I please have a number... Thank you.

9. ColdEye

ColdEye Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Well I am back in the fold soon. Had a RW Jazz before. Easily my best playing bass but had to sell it for some work gear. Finallly got a RW Precision, been wanting one since I saw it a couple of years ago. As a birthday gift to myself got it brand new too lol. Can’t wait to try a bunch of flats on it to see what works well.

10. ColdEye

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Anyone who got a recently made RW precision , are there no more pre drilled holes for the bridge and pick up cover?

11. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    May be joining this club soon.... very soon... mwahahaha

12. I haven’t heard of any changes. The guard has two small holes for the pup cover already.

13. foolforthecity

Had EB Cobalt Flats on my RWP for a month or so now, absolutely loving them on it

ColdEye likes this.
  14. ColdEye

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah this one I got has no holes for the thumb rest or pickup and bridge cover. There are holes in the guard but it’s not drilled all the way.

15. ColdEye

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Looking to give them a try after my test set of TI flats. I loved the group 3 flats.

16. foolforthecity

One of these days I'm going to step into some TIs. Keep saying I will but I keep spending my pennies on other stuff, like fronting a new drum set to my feckless drummer

ColdEye likes this.
  17. My RW jazz came with holes in the guard for the rest and cover but no holes in the body. I had no plans to use either but did drill shallow holes with a small drill bit to give the appearance of use. There were holes for the bridge cover already.

18. ColdEye

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Check out amazon, it went as deal of the day when I got it, it was about $40 compared to the usual $60-$70.

foolforthecity likes this.
  19. foolforthecity

Awesome! I'll be doing that

20. ColdEye

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA

I see. I didn’t know that was the case. The used RW Jazz I get before had all the holes. First time getting a new one, and I was checking pics in online stores of the actual basses and they seem to have the holes.