The Official Hartke Club Part 2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sgtpepper, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Not gonna lie, that XL series sounds great..but like moving a boulder. The new Hydrive stuff is about 30 lbs lighter. The bottom cab is an older transporter 410 and lighter, but I still appreciate the casters!

The Petro likes this.
  2. @The Petro, I had a Hartke combo way back in the 90's really enjoyed. Thinking it was 20-30 watt? Even it was fairly heavy. Been using a furniture dolly to roll my 410 XL around to different gigs. Works pretty well. Picked it up at Harbor Freight for like 10-15 bucks

3. The Petro

The Petro

Dec 29, 2020
    CT
    I was able to dig out the 15” cab today.
    This 25 year old + equipment still rocks. 0BCD9D79-7715-4215-A96F-0EBA2A80146F.jpeg

4. Oh heck yeah!! Sweet man! Cracking the foundation on the house yet?

The Petro likes this.
  5. The Petro

The Petro

Dec 29, 2020
    CT
    I have a 2 family house with elderly woman who lives on the first floor. My amp is set up right below her living room. I keep the volume low, but she says she can hear me practice.

6. Midas

Midas

Sep 7, 2007
    Germany
    Endorsed by: LE FAY basses
    Hi all you Hartke guys..
    I am looking for a new bass rig and I like the HD series cabs. Does anyone have a combination of 410 and 210 in use? I might like this combination but I wonder..
    Why do the two cabs do have different measurements ..? (410: 618mm / 210: 612mm)
    And.... is there any news of the new HD HL-linie concerning the date of availability ?

7. Hi Midas! I haven't still seen a release date for those new cabs. Pricing it fairly steep at 1000 USD for a 410 and 700 USD for 210. Samson Technologies has all the specs. for them on their website. As for the sizing, that is pretty minimal, probably won't even notice. My XL cab and my Transporter cab have around the same size difference. They are pictured in my avatar. You can"t tell unless you are really looking. Personally, I think the 410 and 210 would sound great together with a decent head. IMO

Midas likes this.
  8. Midas

Midas

Sep 7, 2007
    Germany
    Thank you @Lebowitz ! I need to reduce the cab weigths due to my bad back and am thinking about waiting for the 410HL to come out... on the other hand do I know the sound of the HD series for sure...

9. @Midas I WAS saving for Hydrive's then got GAS and bought an Ibanez Portamento 6'er..now I have to start over on saving for the HD cabinets again..:laugh:

10. The Petro

The Petro

Dec 29, 2020
    CT
    The local GC has a used Hartke 4.5 XL in stock. i"ve never heard one, but i was looking at it. My back said NO!

Lebowitz likes this.
  11. Ha Ha yeah..bout 90 pounds of nope! Luckily I don't have to move mine much. Like I said, they sound good, but need to hire some roadies!

12. kevin wells

kevin wells

Aug 11, 2016
    Texas
    Greetings. My first and only Hartke gear, and after 3 years of stage use, still rocking strong! Number please. 20210317_223640.jpg

13. Midas

Midas

Sep 7, 2007
    Germany
    A funny thing - and I would never dare to tell this in a chat like this ;-) ...testing Hartke cabs in the store, I found the best sounding series for my sound the old cheap ones. But as I already own heavy cabs they are not in my consideration.
    Same with heads. Went into the Musicstore, a realy huge store in Germany and tested about 15 digital heads, from cheapos to Glockenklang, willing to buy "the one". But not even Mesa or Glockenklang digital heads can compare with a solid analog bass amp for me! Something is missing, something sounds "thin" ...I cant explain like The Who could'nt. But because my back realy got shxxty over the last year, I need to have cabs that I can easily move alone into my car and out.
    I decided that my trusty analog amp with 15gk is not the problem ! So I will keep it analog. Nothing compares to it for me in case of bass sound.

dbase and Lebowitz like this.
  14. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I had to dig out my Hartke gig rig
    bass rig.jpg

15. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I had that same feeling between Tube and SS amps, be it class A/B or D. There is no one word to describe the "feel" or difference between the amps... yes they all put out the watts, but like you said, "something is missing". That something cant be described and no stomp box can ever replace it.

Midas likes this.
  16. Midas

Midas

Sep 7, 2007
    Germany
    I went digital some years ago. I bought a KB15 and a KB12 and stagged them. I loved the sound of the KB12 ! But as it turned out, my bass sound went missing as soon as the band kicked in. I tried it live and and in rehearsals but never was happy, although I crancked the two combos to the max. A simple a/b test against a 410 plus analoge amp brought a very clear result..... I would love the idear of running two HD500's togehter but I think, a good old analog amp plus cabs will be another level. (in multible ways)

dbase likes this.
  17. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Nothing has ever replaced the amps I've used in the 60's.. I miss this like an old friend who died. ;)
    sunn.jpg

Lebowitz, Porkchop2 and South Mad Sab like this.
  18. Porkchop2

Porkchop2

Aug 20, 2015
    Milwaukee
    Awesome! My first bass rig I got in mid/late 90's was a Sunn 2000S and matching 118 cab. I traded it a few years later for a peavey mark 4 ans 115 cab, then later went all Hartke. At the lime, I new nothing about tubes or what I had. I'm sure it needed new tubes.

dbase likes this.
  19. The Petro

The Petro

Dec 29, 2020
    CT
    Just picked up TX-600 head. On low volume and just the 410, it was vibrating the floor. 2- 410 cabs must be awesome. 096D5EB1-4867-4256-8BF5-29CB394350AA.jpeg

BillyB_from_LZ and Lebowitz like this.
  20. HorusLupercal

HorusLupercal

Mar 18, 2021
    Can I have a rundown of your rack gear? I’ve been looking at options to expand my own stuff but aside from a preamp I’m a bit dubious of what I can use that will expand my rig and be useful.

my own contribution:
    Long-time HA3500 user, but only recent convert to the Hartke cabs after 20 years of Eminence cones. The tonal change is very noticeable but now I feel like my fx (a Zoom506 and Boss flanger) is woefully underperforming. (Please excuse the alcohol swabs on the Trace, I use them to clean fingerprints off things, they’re not for anything sinister I promise) 4057939A-EDE1-49DB-AC42-494726C197FC.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    Lebowitz, dbase and Mickeyb48 like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021