The Official Hartke Club Part 2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sgtpepper, Jan 9, 2012.

1. The Petro

The Petro

Dec 29, 2020
    CT
    I’ll give you a rundown for sure, but take it with a grain of salt, as I was never really a great player or experienced in setting up equipment.
    Really, the only thing I have in the rack to alter sound would be the compressor/ gate.
    It gave me more control of the sound I was looking for with helping to get rid of my “sloppiness”.
    Other then that, just a Juice Goose, a rack tuner and my Shure UHF wireless.
    Sorry I can’t be more help.

2. Nice set up..both of them! I had a Trace 15" combo back in the early 90's..still miss it. Hard to find much other than the ELF stuff. Been looking around on Reverb and such..nice! @HorusLupercal

EatS1stBassist and HorusLupercal like this.

3. I have never been a fan of digital effects. I would try analog pedals.... IMO

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  4. HorusLupercal

HorusLupercal

Mar 18, 2021
    Yeah I tend to lean towards pedals myself, but it’s been quite a long time since I kept up with the market and I’m wondering if there is any go-to rack mounted unit that bassists are gravitating towards these days. I’m getting a newer Zoom pedal (MS60B) and considering the other one they make too (B1X Four).

5. Midas

Midas

Sep 7, 2007
    Germany
    Endorsed by: LE FAY basses
    I am totally stuck between the choice of buying two 112 or two 210cabs. On one hand I want something light mainly for rehaersals with bands where I need to bring and take back again my gear for every rehaersal. So I think the two 112 would be loud enough for that purpose. On the other hand, the two 210 would be loud enough even for a gig. On the third hand ;-) ... I do own an LH1000 so that a third 112 would be a cool live set up and no problem for the amp. Too bad there are NO good cab test vids of the 112 besides one slap test vid where the 112 sound very nice but are played at a living room volume. Then most test vids are played with some kind of digital amp and sound crap. It doesn't matter what cap you play with a digital amp, it will sound very different to a good old analog head. So any 112 users here that do rock ( not metal) who are able to tell something about the volume of two 112 ..?

6. paskisti

paskisti

Jan 20, 2005
    I was planning to have 2x HD210 cabs for vertical stack too. Has anybody compared them in horizontal stack to one HD410 to get idea are they reasonably close to each others? At least 810 has 4 closed 210 compartments so I assume 410 has 2 210 compartments and 210 is alone one of these. This leads me to think they should be pretty similar.

EatS1stBassist, shoot-r and Lebowitz like this.
  7. Midas

Midas

Sep 7, 2007
    Germany
    Endorsed by: LE FAY basses
    Anybody here who is able to do a sound sample of a 210 or 410 0r 112 HD with an analog amp? All vids on yt with no mater what digi amp sound ....:p

EatS1stBassist and Lebowitz like this.
  8. khix83

khix83

May 14, 2020
    I can't speak for either the 2-2x10 or 2-1x12, but I just got a 2x10 to pair with my 1x15 and LH500 and this is the best rig I've ever owned. For smaller gigs I'll just take the 2x10. 20210513_201533.jpg

9. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Here’s mine! Love it! Can I join the club?:) AFDBDD9D-F647-444A-988D-7E7CD617C6E5.jpeg

lifer_, HorusLupercal and Mickeyb48 like this.
  10. khix83

khix83

May 14, 2020
    I know I just proudly posted my rig up, but a couple days later at practice my amp died. I replaced the preamp tube and that seems to be what the issue was, however...

The only tube I had laying around was a 12AU7. A NOS 60s Mullard, to be more specific, which I was going to use in an tube overdrive pedal. Will this have an effect on my amp? I feel like it's not as loud but it might be just some lingering paranoia from it dying on me 15 minutes in to band practice haha. TIA

11. HorusLupercal

HorusLupercal

Mar 18, 2021
    After a very long time searching the second hand market, I finally found an HA5500 in good shape. I’ve been using a 3500 for 20 years and it has served me well but it has always just lacked a touch of high volume clarity that the 5500 can easily manage. Eventually I’ll track down another 4.5XL cab but in the meantime the VX will do.
    DE54A2C8-649E-4906-B70A-852D3CA751A1.jpeg

The Petro, EatS1stBassist and Thundar like this.
  12. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Pickup a Tungsol pre 12ax7.

13. khix83

khix83

May 14, 2020
    Ha. I literally JUST ordered a Tung Sol 12AX7, then checked this thread. This 12AU7 is definitely not as loud, but I can push it with my pedals a lot harder before it clips. I managed to even it out but it isn't optimal because pushing my board that hard introduced a lot of noise and it just didn't sound good.

I learned something. Either have a backup amp or at least a backup tube. #neveragain

14. Brinkmeister

Brinkmeister

May 26, 2021
    Netherlands
    PSX_20210526_093912.jpg

Here's mine. a HA3500 and a 15" Transporter cab. Excellent sound, really overkill in the home office.

Had a Hartke bass guitar last year as well, but although it played very smooth, nice neck and all, I could not become friends with the active electronics. Just never found a sound that added to the basses I already owned. Shame, because it was a well built bass and it looked great:
    IMG_8838.JPG

15. Aragrim

Aragrim

Dec 3, 2019
    Belgium
    @Brinkmeister Just put some passive electronics in it?
    Why don't play a good playing (and looking!) bass just for the electronics...

16. Brinkmeister

Brinkmeister

May 26, 2021
    Netherlands
    I get your point, but it just never sounded anything different from basses that I already owned. Not better, not worse, just more of the same. And since I was under the assumption that I already owned too much basses (bought it drunk off Reverb during the first lockdown), I decided to sell it.

Playing a Sire afew weeks ago, I learned that active electronics and too many knobs will never work for me. I'm just a dumb bass player, one volume per pickup and maybe a tone knob is enough for me.

17. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Awesome!

18. Mickeyb48

Mickeyb48

Feb 15, 2015
    I really like the way those Dingwall look. I want to try one. I’ve got a trip to Orlando soon and there is a dealer there.

EatS1stBassist and HorusLupercal like this.
  19. HorusLupercal

HorusLupercal

Mar 18, 2021
    They play even better!

EatS1stBassist and Mickeyb48 like this.
  20. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    My favorite lightweight Rig! Killer sound! 0B453F28-CC9B-479D-AB52-8BF6ADEC3289.jpeg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021