The Official Hartke Club Part 2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sgtpepper, Jan 9, 2012.

1. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    Do you run them both in unison?

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  2. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    I will as soon as they deliver my new ABY pedal!:laugh::hyper:

tubatodd likes this.
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Hmmm, both from "So Cal" with similar rugs...a coincidence? :D HD25x2-2.jpg

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Brinkmeister and EatS1stBassist like this.
  4. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    You caught me!:D

BillyB_from_LZ likes this.
  5. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    A question to all Hartke cab users.

Is there any interest in a Hartke HyDrive 4 x 8 cabinet?

Something along the lines of the HD508 combo only without the enclosed amp section.

I've dropped Hartke/Samson a e-mail earlier today asking if it might be considered.
    No reply as of yet.

EatS1stBassist and tubatodd like this.
  6. Hey Hartke Club! Is there a general consensus about the tonal or volume differences between the HD210s and HD112s? I had a pair of 210XLs in the past and enjoyed their punch. Curious to try the HDs and maybe return to the Hartke family.

7. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    I love my HDs!:thumbsup:

8. Speaking of HD's, need some input from you guys and gals with them. Right now I am running a LH 1000 through a couple 410 XL cabinets. I am thinking of going to HD but was just curious if they are really that much better sounding. Unfortunately I don't have access to any to give them a try, so going on the thoughts of the owners. Yes I understand the HD 410's have more wattage than my XL's, but I hardly ever play outdoors and mostly in church settings where I rarely get above 3 on my gain. I do like the full stack and I am not playing through the house board. I suppose what I am asking, are they worth the extra 300 bucks per cabinet compared to the XL's? Thanks for any suggestions.

9. Midas

Midas

Sep 7, 2007
    Germany
    Endorsed by: LE FAY basses
    Does anybody know what amplifiers are used in the small HD combos? I'm asking because I really like their sound and performance and would like to know, if the LX series are the same with more power or something completely different?

10. The Petro

The Petro

Dec 29, 2020
    CT
    I can’t answer your question, but I was wondering what your current 410s are rated at.
    My 410 in older and is rated at 240 watts @ 8 ohms. and while a second 410 would be most excellent, I don’t need another for playing in my basement.

11. Midas

Midas

Sep 7, 2007
    Germany
    I think the older Hydrive cabs sounded a bit more warm and had more natural bass than the new HD cabs. I also think to have noticed a different tone between the HD combos and the HD cabs. In some interview I heared something like they are using a "slightly different driver".. ? I

12. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Definitely a different driver than the first gen HDs, different magnets for starters. I like the 2nd gen HD-112 a lot, and looking forward to the upcoming 3rd gen, finally might get some 10s to stack...

Midas likes this.
  13. Midas

Midas

Sep 7, 2007
    Germany
    But I must say that a "good old" ferrit cab does always beat a neo cab, no matter how good or expensive it is.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021