1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Ibanez TMB Talman Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ERIC31, May 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Since nobody else has set this up, I guess it will have to be me!

After having this awesome bass for over a month, I'm fully hooked on it. Sounds great, light, looks really cool, versatile tonewise and is a nice platform for modding. I've noticed that as more people get their hands on one, they too feel the same way. It's an incredible instrument for such a little price. =)

Jump in everyone and let's rock!! Whether you have the TMB 100 or 300. Let's see them and hear them!

As with all the other clubs, no picture, no number. LOL Here's mine. The only mods so far have been a black gloss pickguard from Pickguardian and some Dunlop Straploks. I didn't like the stock pickguard.

[​IMG]

ERIC31 #001
    MaxDusty #002
    Walldaja #003
    Mizzou541 #004
    xrockstrongox #005

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    EMattson, JoshS, SJan3 and 11 others like this.
  2. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    Nice! :thumbsup: Of course this happens AFTER I post mine in the Classifieds! :bassist: These ARE Amazing Basses for the $$$. Look forward to reading this thread and seeing what is happening in the TMB world. :)

Louie Cevasco and ERIC31 like this.
  3. Dradder

Dradder

Feb 7, 2013
    Reno, Nevada
    Looks way better with the black pickguard. Did you convince the Pickguardian folks to keep a template based on the one they did for you?

walldaja likes this.
  4. mizzou541

mizzou541

Jan 8, 2010
    MO
    Loving how much better that color looks than the stock photos. Reinforces my color choice! Mine should be here next week.

ERIC31 likes this.
  5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Not a member yet, but probably will soon be. Glad I'm gettin in here early to make the following request... Please, someone post clips of of the 2X J pickup, or do your best to describe the sound :). If it's anything Musicman like, it'll be worth the extra $100 to me. If not, I like the colors on the 100 better and would go with that. I especially love the black pickguard that eric did. I think the tort guards on these basses are the ugliest things I've ever seen. All the Talman's scream for black or white, IMO. Even a white tort would be better on them. Anyhow...

Someone please tell me about the bridge pickup on the 300. Thanks.

6. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    I mentioned to Tony when I sent in mine that he should make a template of it as more people will be contacting him for a new pickguard. Send him a message and ask.

Dradder likes this.
  7. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    I'd love to see a 5-string Talman bass! :)

8. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I love my Talman! I'll take a better pic once I get it back. (Lent it to someone for a couple of weeks - why, oh why? I miss playing it!)
    You can the ding on it that made it a scratch and dent special for $127.
    2015-04-14 10.01.54.

9. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Played it today at my church service and it sounds fantastic. Got compliments on its tone.

Maxdusty likes this.
  10. Tractorr

Tractorr

Aug 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Somebody has to post a video or audio clip!!!

Oh and one question does it play even without a battery in it? It seems that only the EQ is active which is the same setup as my current Spector. My bass won't work without a battery and it drives me crazy because I don't use the onboard EQ anyways.

11. walldaja

walldaja

Apr 27, 2011
    Sign me up! I thought I wanted a white one until I saw it with the tort pickguard. I love Eric31's black PG. I've been waiting for them to come to my local store and check in every couple of days. Last Friday I stopped in and found a mint green one. I plugged it in and played it for a bit then told them to restring it BEAD and add strap locks. I picked it up on Sat and played it in church Sun. A lot of folks noticed the bass and one guy asked for some recordings with it. I am way more than satisfied with it! IMG_0709.JPG

EMattson, jeff7bass, SJan3 and 6 others like this.
  12. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Nice! :)

13. mizzou541

mizzou541

Jan 8, 2010
    MO
    qq4lf1W. Finally arrived...

14. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Love it! Keep them coming! :)

15. I'll take my number please! I didn't realize you set up a club. Although to be fair, I've already felt like we were the talman club! photo (5).JPG

Outtaseezun, SJan3, jeff7bass and 5 others like this.
  16. I just bought one - will likely use it tomorrow night at a gig - great for the money! Got the green one...will take some time to dial in the tones properly but so far it is a winner! Perfect set up right out of the box!

xrockstrongox and ERIC31 like this.
  17. mizzou541

mizzou541

Jan 8, 2010
    MO
    Jammed with mine last night for the first time with a band and it was great. Gigging with it 7/31. Based on some of the stuff I've read on here, I'l stock an extra battery just in case :nailbiting:

ERIC31 likes this.
  18. @mizzou541 I contacted Ibanez customer support (3 batteries in 3 months; one month it was in case unplayed) and they sent me back a diagram showing the correct wiring. The bridge ground and the battery ground needed to be swapped. I did that the other day and will test it in a few days to see how the battery is doing. If it's dead, I'll undo what I did!

Maxdusty and RedVee like this.
  19. Here it is...love the colors...sounds great too! talman.

20. mizzou541

mizzou541

Jan 8, 2010
    MO
    First gig with the TMB100 last night. Sounded great and no battery issues yet.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015