1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Ibanez TMB Talman Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ERIC31, May 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. They require one tiny screw hole drilled per tuner but they go in simply with no issues. I just put a bit of wood putty in the old holes you can hardly see em. If I ever sell (not) my Talman I can easily put the original tuners back on and it would hide the drilled hole. Be sure to center the tuner shaft when you mark your drill hole. NOT rocket science to do it. The drop-D extender install is only slightly more challenging.

2. venerzky

venerzky

Jul 11, 2019
    Agree
    Can you post some pics please. Thanks.

3. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    In case you haven't noticed, you need to be specific when ordering the Ultralites, cause there are 2 tuner post sizes: 1/2" and 3/8".

IIRC, the one that goes to the TMBs are the ones with 1/2" post. Hope the others who have upgraded their tuners would chime in on this.

amoodymule likes this.
  4. venerzky

venerzky

Jul 11, 2019
    Agree
    Thanks.

5. I would love to provide a pic, but I am on holiday at the beach and unable to do so for a couple weeks.

6. I believe 1/2” is correct but it’s been a while since I installed mine. You can get the measurements on the Hipshot website.

7. Hey boys so I just picked up the TMB105 and unfortunately it doesn’t fit in my case as the bouts are too thick! And besides the Ibanez cases (which are WAY more spendy than I’d like) do you guys have any suggestions?

IamBuzzy likes this.
  8. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    stingray69 and IamBuzzy like this.
  9. I carry my TMB in an Ibanez PowerPad gig bag. If you’re not averse to gig bags it could be an affordable option. Another suggestion would be to contact your seller and inquire about other cases that could get the job done.

stingray69 likes this.
  10. 80jazz

80jazz

Jun 28, 2008
    Kansas
    I just wanted to add that it took me a while, but I really enjoy my TMB300 so much that I am thinking of buying another.

stingray69 and IamBuzzy like this.
  11. I have 1/2" Ultralites in my TMB30. Combined with a Hipshot Kickass bridge I have absolutely perfect balance. I hesitate to call it a TMB30 now because the body, jack plate and neck are the only original parts on it. Even the Ibanez logo has gone.

12. Sean89sl

Sean89sl

Dec 19, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    My TMB 100 with Dimarzio Model P+J and Gotoh bridge (the photo taken before adding the 2 extra screws)

Tone wise, I will not consider it as an upgrade over the stock pickups, it just different. It has smoother top and slightly less mid (perhaps it is because the Dimarzio is darker and more bottom)

Attached Files:

stingray69 likes this.
  13. venerzky

venerzky

Jul 11, 2019
    Agree
    20190815_065800. 20190815_065806.

My TMB30 with D'Addario Nylon Tapewound.

stingray69 likes this.
  14. markoc

markoc

Jan 6, 2014
    North San Diego
    FB_IMG_1565979464518-1~2. Here's my 305.

15. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    If you're looking for a hardshell that won't break the bank, the Musicians Friend Molded ABS bass case will work.

I notice that my TMB105 does not shift or slide around due to the snug fit at the bottom bout and the neck is held in place very well with both a velcro strap and a form fit when you close the case.

Ample room for other accoutrements as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019 at 10:28 PM
    Outtaseezun, Sean89sl and venerzky like this.
  16. 80jazz

80jazz

Jun 28, 2008
    Kansas
    Nice! That is what I originally wanted.

Has anyone replaced the pickguard on their TMB 300?

Outtaseezun likes this.
  17. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I've got the same case as Stingray 69 for my TMB605 and it works very well . Very inexpensive . S7300875.JPG

Outtaseezun, venerzky and stingray69 like this.