1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Ibanez TMB Talman Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ERIC31, May 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. nFinnyD

nFinnyD

Oct 31, 2017
    Utah
    Congrats! And no apologies needed, I ended up with one in the end! And who knows maybe a green one will join my collection one day as well! But I’m thinking if there is a next bass it may be a G&L L2000 or 2500! But those SBMM Ray5 HH look tasty as well!

2. nFinnyD

nFinnyD

Oct 31, 2017
    Utah
    I gotta say I really enjoy having the humbucker in the bridge over a single! It really cuts through well.

stingray69 likes this.
  3. Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    New bass delivered today. I picked up a brand new Talman TMB100 off of Reverb. Only issue is a broken tuner. Couldn't pass up the deal of $100 shipped. I've never owned an Ibanez bass, and wasn't expecting too much but whoa, this thing kicks ass! Fit, finish, and fret ends are excellent for this price range. Very impressed. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement tuner? Oh also, it fits perfectly in a Fender Jazz HSC!

Attached Files:

4. minronnee

minronnee

Dec 30, 2019
    Los Angeles
    I got the tmb30 finally and love it... I posted pics and info in the shortscale club.
    I changed the tuners to hipshot lites it pretty much fixed the neck dive.

I dont like the bridge very much though...for those of you that changed the bridge what did you go with? Are you happy with the choice?

IamBuzzy and nFinnyD like this.
  5. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    This is kinda sad for me. I had whished for a 5 strings short scale TMB ever since they started selling the TMB30 some years ago. Then it was a joyful for me when the rumors of TMB35 surfaced before the year 2019 ended and when finally Ibanez showed the real TMB35 on their website early this year.

More good news when one of Ibanez dealers contacted me saying that local distributor had brought in the TMB35, although he said, only 6 units were available. But... I backed out from getting one.

Reason was, up to now the TMB35 is available only in Mint Green (MGR) finish, while at the same time, local dealer also brought in the new Ibanez headless bass only in green finish called Sea Foam Green Matte (SFM) and only 1 unit was available. The green finish is nice for both, but it's certainly not my first of choice. I didn't want to have both in the same finish. So, I ordered the headless bass only, got it a couple of weeks ago and no TMB35 for me.

Hopefully Ibanez will make the next TMB35 in more finishes. Hopefully there will be ivory.

mikewalker and nFinnyD like this.
  6. EmuBass

EmuBass

Jan 24, 2018
    Vienna, Austria
  7. bpabon

bpabon

May 1, 2017
    Hipshot badass bridge made a big difference for me.

minronnee likes this.
  8. minronnee

minronnee

Dec 30, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Thank you bpabon.

9. AppalachianBen

AppalachianBen

Jan 1, 2018
    Does any one here run a TMB 100 with flats? I'm planning on buying one soon and wanted some feedback on it.

10. JohnMalay

JohnMalay

Oct 23, 2018
    New Jersey
    I do, but it's converted to passive. Perfect for me but I love flats. YMMV.

11. slantedpanted

slantedpanted

Oct 19, 2007
    Both of my TMB100 have flats (all of my other basses as well). one is stock, the other converted to passive - they both sound great!

12. AnaE

AnaE

Jan 28, 2020
    I recently got a black TMB30 because it was the only short scale I could find, but I really disliked the fact that it was black so, taking advantage of the quarantine, I fixed it. IMG_5559.JPG IMG_5560.JPG

13. minronnee

minronnee

Dec 30, 2019
    Los Angeles
    That is nice!!! Do you have any pics of the build?

14. nFinnyD

nFinnyD

Oct 31, 2017
    Utah
    Wow! Well done from what I see!

15. AnaE

AnaE

Jan 28, 2020
    Thanks!! Unfortunately, I didn't think to take any. But the process was relatively simple. I removed the paint with a heat gun then sanded it from 220 grit up to 600. I live in Mexico in a city where it's really hard to find specialty things so couldn't find any decent dyes. Looking online I found out you can use food dye so that's what I used hahaha Then just did two coats of some regular varnish, sanded it once it was dry and added a coat of furniture wax. Not the best materials but I really had to work with what I had

nFinnyD and minronnee like this.
  16. AnaE

AnaE

Jan 28, 2020
    Thank you! So far so good. I'm hoping the dye doesn't bleed into my hands after playing for a while.

17. minronnee

minronnee

Dec 30, 2019
    Los Angeles
    well you do good work and thank you for sharing your creativity with us!

18. AnaE

AnaE

Jan 28, 2020
    Thank you! :)

minronnee likes this.
  19. Iv@N

Iv@N

Jun 8, 2008
    Münster, Germany
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, G&L
    This TMB30 just joined my arsenal. Which strings would you recommend for it? :)
    904042BC-B294-404C-BD5B-34C5A27BAA89.jpeg