"The Official Marleaux Bass Club"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MattyBass, Jan 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

Jan 29, 2013
    Cyprus
    A worthy winner. His instruments are easily on par with any custom shop, anywhere. World-class in every sense. I had a call with him once as well to iron out some details with regards to shipping my bass, and even over the phone you could tell the level of passion he has for his work.

JeroenDK and tombowlus like this.
  2. Jbass898

Jbass898

Jun 18, 2018
    Mann how to your order a custom or just order on period. None of the dealers I have around me have any in stock

3. Jbass898

Jbass898

Jun 18, 2018
    Can you order those basses custom. O
    If not that's okay but what I need to know is how or where to buy one. I can't find any of these basses for sale.

4. I’m in Australia and had to buy mine from Thomann in Germany.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/au/index.html

5. marijn van gils

marijn van gils

Jan 23, 2002
    Belgium
    I bought mine second hand through this swiss/german/austrian website. Marleaux's pop up regularly there. On page 10 there is a very nice Consat 4-string at the moment (but quite expensive for second hand IMHO).

But I'm sure you can order direct from Gerald Marleaux. Just contact him through his website: Marleaux BassGuitars, E-Bass, German, Luthier, Bassguitar, Custom made, Consat, Signature, Fretless, mBass, Votan, Betra, Headless, Lefthand, Strings, Marlow, Marlox

Or you could turn to one of the USA dealers (presuming that's your location?) listed on his website: Marleaux BassGuitars, Dealer, International

Good luck!

6. interp

interp

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    You should be able to order one directly from Gerald Marleaux. I have now had my Contra 5-string for three years. I bought it sight unseen and without playing it first, and would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

They’re not cheap, though.

nbsipics likes this.
  7. marijn van gils

marijn van gils

Jan 23, 2002
    Belgium
    The Contra is a quite special and time-consuming design to build, so it is only normal that it is rather expensive.
    But I feel Marleaux's prizes are very reasonable for what you get. I even find the Consat Custom to be pretty cheap when compared to similar basses from builders of similar caliber (at least when buying in Europe without added import taxes).

8. interp

interp

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    I agree 100%. I feel that the Contra is worth every penny I paid for it.

xnewyorka likes this.
  9. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

Jan 29, 2013
    Cyprus
    I emailed Gerald directly, telling him what I wanted. He got back to me right away, gave me a quote, which I accepted and then he sent me an invoice for a 500 euro deposit to get started. When it was done they sent me the invoice for the remaining amount. 5 months later I had my bass!

Thomann and Doctorbass usually have a bunch of his instruments in stock though, so worth checking them out.

10. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    My MBass 5 continues to be awesome. Hardly ever use the preamp. Got it directly from Gerald at a NAMM show a while back and never regretted it. Alder body, bubinga top, ebony board, maple neck. Superb.

BluesyCat likes this.
  11. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Southern California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    Damn superb!!! I remember it verrrry well!!!!

Vic likes this.
  12. Kevinlane

Kevinlane Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Missouri, near Branson
    put me in the club! Marleaux Votan Deluxe.jpeg

13. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Very nice Votan

14. xnewyorka

xnewyorka Owner, John Fox Bass Inactive Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Dealer for Adamovic, Alleva-Coppolo, Bergantino, Dingwall, Richter, Skjold
    Another new member, joining two German clubs for the price of one.
    20180822_120402.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    MAXSPINRUN, djaxup, BassmanM and 5 others like this.
  15. Mmm... Contra.

16. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nice lefays too!!! And you are in the NY area?

17. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

Jan 29, 2013
    Cyprus
    Cool collection!

18. Bassman415

Bassman415 I make the floor shake Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2008
    city of angels
    If anyone is looking for a Marleaux JB5 I am selling one for a steal … it is #41 .. also posted in classifieds

19. milo5

milo5

Feb 23, 2019
    Here is my custom Marleaux Votan 5 Vintage White! Jan 2019 fresh from Gerald Marleaux

I can only say the best about Gerald and his basses! Best customer experience ever! We talked a lot abot my custom specs by phone and even though he is so busy all the time, he was the kindest person ever!;)

I like this bass A LOT!! No 1 for me.

Plays super COMFORTABLE
    Sound has CHARACTER
    Finish is REFINED
    Neck is SMOOTH & SEXY
    Bass is very LIGHT
    Electronics are very VERSATILE
    Passive sounds the best!

Recommended!

Thanx Gerald

Attached Files:

20. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Southern California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    I’m in finally!!!! Here is my 2019 Custom Comsat 4!! Yes, I requested my beloved kitty’s paw prints on the 12th fret. “Trixie” - she past away Dec 28, 2018.

Gerald’s craftsmanship is impeccable! I am soo stoked! I just received this and am still getting acquainted...

52238B94-520C-4189-8376-C24DD78E78BC.jpeg 3CA0A4B1-85E9-47EA-B6DC-AB613BB7ECA7.jpeg 3C51C4E3-B55C-4DFA-823D-9C8A14D1BBC0.jpeg 0FD5A141-7237-4364-8641-7C290B28853E.jpeg D74C76FE-DDA9-4CE9-B8EE-C0C73FB7D3F6.jpeg 7B2FA716-16FD-492C-AA30-E055C6811B0B.jpeg 44E536B0-C64C-4E89-835C-975E7E5226B4.jpeg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 27, 2021