"The Official Marleaux Bass Club"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MattyBass, Jan 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Hopper

Hopper

Sep 24, 2008
    London
    I'm dying to play one of these basses but you just never seem 'em in the UK.

2. azti

azti

Sep 17, 2010
    Thanxxx!:D
    I dont like the "the coffe table" so much too... so I asked to my local dealer..and Gerald told there wasnt any problem...ahhh.. I forgot to mention...Consat Customs are usually of 40mm width at nut..I asked If it was possible to do of 38 mm and Gerald did it totally free for me...:hyper:

3. Stop it azti, your giving me GAS pains :bawl:. 38mm is Jazz Bass size and 75% of my basses have Jazz Bass necks ;).

I have been looking at this Marleaux on ebay.de, which is also a solid colour and a bargain price (I think), but I don't really like the chrome hardware :meh: ...

Link ...

I'm hoping that by posting this link, someone else will buy it and then it will be easier for me to forget about it :D. Unnecessary GAS is a terrible thing :(.

4. azti

azti

Sep 17, 2010
    Im sorry man!... I know.. GAS is terrible..I know very well..:p

this is the last Consat my local dealer received..

imagAux1_Marleaux-Consat-NT5-ap-th.jpg

5. milklounge

milklounge

Apr 17, 2007
    Hey guys! It's time to join after playing these Basses for nearly 8 years now...

Attached Files:

6. azti

azti

Sep 17, 2010
    thats a MBass isnt?? I have seen two, and those basses are really beautiful ...and sounds great!!!!:hyper:

7. Promenade Music are their UK distributors.

Question to Marleaux players: There is a pretty obvious Ric influence in the 'cresting wave' design, and the 'neck' pup actually looks as if it's more in the Ric 'Bridge' sort of position so....can it sound like a Ric?

If so they've probably just answered my dream of having a proper 5 string bass (with decent string spacing) that looks like a Ric and sounds like a Ric.

8. I hate everyone in this thread. If I had the chance to get my hands on one of these, I guarantee I'd buy it immediately.

9. azti

azti

Sep 17, 2010
    I really think with a Marleaux in you hands you can achieve a lot of different sounds... but like a ric?? im not capable to tell you...

May be you should look in youtube and listen if is the sound you are looking for... this shop has a lot of demos of different models, hope you like it!

10. milklounge

milklounge

Apr 17, 2007
    The MBass Custom is my main Bass for 7years now, and i play a lot of different styles with it, mostly Jazz and Soul. I Play it passiv for about 99% of the time, because it sounds just beatifull. Last year Gerald build me the Jazz Bass because I needed a more "solid" looking Bass for some Rock Gigs and a nice 4String for teaching. As far as I know it's the only passiv JBass he has ever built. Geralds Basses are just awesome. I've only played one Ibanez (for starting out) and an Music Man Stingray (which I still own, but don't play), but I think I won't switch Basses ever again.

Attached Files:

11. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

imo, sounds nothing like a ric. the only thing that sounds like a ric to me is a ric. many things sound like a JB or MM or P, but a ric...gotta be a ric.

12. milklounge

milklounge

Apr 17, 2007
  13. azti

azti

Sep 17, 2010
  14. 6stringbassist

6stringbassist

Jul 9, 2007
    UK.
    I just bought this last week.

Can anyone identify what the facing is ?

It's a very beautiful bass.

Attached Files:

15. milklounge

milklounge

Apr 17, 2007
    "Can anyone identify what the facing is ?"

The facing of this bass must be poplar(-burl). Really nice bass! Hope you like it.

16. azti

azti

Sep 17, 2010
    Beautiful bass man!!!! very very nice.... Enjoy it!:bassist:

17. I'm in now... :smug:

Attached Files:

18. leloupa

leloupa

Oct 24, 2007
    belgium
    Congratulations Jeff,
    give Gerard my regards and tell me what's the difference between the Marleaux and your Elrick. I owned 5 of them throughout the years so i can campare with the Marleaux as a standard. I'm the guy with the white shirt and the hat with a blue background in his on stage gallery by the way.
    read you later,
    all the best from Belgium,
    Dave

19. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    Well, I'll be joining this exclusive club just after NAMM when Gerald will be shipping me this:

[​IMG]

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021