"The Official Marleaux Bass Club"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MattyBass, Jan 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. eubassix

eubassix

Jan 17, 2004
    Teesside, UK
    + more photos:-

Attached Files:

2. As you rightly say, a very special pair indeed!

I like the black hardware - gives them a slightly more understated look of class, IMHO.

3. ms1369

ms1369

Feb 16, 2008
    chicago burbs
    This is a great looking instrument!
    p_423_p1100911.gif

4. AJH_3386_1000-1.jpg

:D Just wanted an excuse to post this picture - sorry!

Are there really no other Marleaux owners out there, with pictures to post and stories to tell :atoz: !?

BassmanM likes this.
  5. I'm still waiting for mine... I ordered it 4 months ago and it's getting long, very long...

6. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    This is one example of why builders should limit the beauty of basses. :eek:
    ccus_gd_25.jpg

7. Yes, I was wondering about you and your new bass, Ian ;). I thought that perhaps it had already arrived and you were too busy playing it :bassist: to come here and show it off to us :D.

Perhaps Santa will bring it :smug:!?

8. Yes indeed, I agree! That one's a beauty alright (IMHO) :).

I prefer darker body woods in general, so that ticks another box for me (whatever kind of top that is :confused:).

9. I hope it's gonna come earlier than Christmas!!!

With its white snow finish it's a winter bass :)

10. It sounds great, I'm really looking forward to seeing it :hyper: (nearly as much as you, perhaps :D).

11. Just had some news from Marleaux. The bass should be ready within a week.

12. :hyper:

13. Santa's coming soon baby !

14. portraitoftracy

portraitoftracy Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chico, CA
    Wanting to buy a Marleaux 4 or 5 string! Please pm me with details if you are willing to sell. thanks

15. Santa's been a bit early this year...

[​IMG]

I received the bass today. It's amazing ! Its light as a feather (lightest 5 string bass I've eved encountered), it sounds great, it plays like butter (what a neck!!!), I already love it !!!

Gerald Marleaux's work is amazing.

16. Hi Ian,

Sorry for the delay, but I haven't been around much on TB lately (since getting my Marleaux I just play and don't come here to lust after gear any more :D).

Anyway, WOW :eek:!!! Your choice of black and white for your Custom 5 is so much to my liking that I can hardly begin to tell you :p. My dream Marleaux would be the same as yours, with one less string ;).

How are you liking it, now that you've had a few weeks to get used to it? Care to share your impressions with us :) ... ?

Andy

(P.S. I forgot to say, "CONGRATULATIONS").

17. Hey !

It's just fantastic ! It plays SO WELL, it's light, my shoulder doesn't hurt after rehearsals, and the neck is soooooo fast ! It's beautiful, and sounds good too !

It's a real pleasure to play. I love it !

18. That's really good to hear Ian, although not too surprising ;).

Enjoy it :bassist:!

19. coyote1

coyote1

Mar 23, 2012
    That's just ridiculous. Truly stunningly beautiful bass

20. First gig with my Marleaux yesterday... It was a pleasure to play it... Great sound, and the weight was a pleasure for my shoulder too...

[​IMG]

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021