1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Medium Scale Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EduardoK, Feb 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Gully Foyle

Gully Foyle

Sep 28, 2014
    Near Boston
    Great call

2. Also possibly silver middle ply to match headstock logo and knobs/bridge?

3. Gully Foyle

Gully Foyle

Sep 28, 2014
    Near Boston
    I think yellow ply

I am thinking of dropping in a geezer set of pups, painted yellow

Joe Ty likes this.
  4. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    Maybe we can make a deal for the pickguard and the stickers!

P.S. thinking of putting a Music Man in mine.

P.S.S. .. Even though the stock pups were fine, i put Geezers in my black SX Gypsy Rose. Nice!

5. Gully Foyle

Gully Foyle

Sep 28, 2014
    Near Boston
    If my daughter does not want the stickers, they are yours! As is the guard once I have the new one!

reddog likes this.
  6. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    Pickguardian made me some nice pickguard for 2 SX jazzes

7. Gully Foyle

Gully Foyle

Sep 28, 2014
    Near Boston
    I'll check out pickguardian

Pups seem fine, more inclined to swap out the tuners for ultralights i think. While the neck is off for defretting, I'll shoot the stock pups yellow.

8. halfwound121

halfwound121 Supporting Member

Can anyone recommend a decent case or gig bag that will fit 32"? I would like something sized for the bass rather than using the standard P/J offerings, which don't always fit. For example, I have a new Gator soft case that won't fit my full-size j body with conversion neck. Also having trouble finding a good fit for Warmoth SSB body and 32" neck. Just wondering what folks are using. Looking for nice padding, zips and/or latches, in the $100 range.

9. Gully Foyle

Gully Foyle

Sep 28, 2014
    Near Boston
    I have to say that this SX medium is a DARN fine bass! I had an SX once before, maybe 12 years ago, and it was fine, good for the price. This one is far better, and an insane price. I would heartily recommend

selowitch and reddog like this.
  10. Totally agree. It's crazy to think that for just over $110 you can get a viable bass. Some may want to change pickups, but these sound pretty good to my ancient ears, action is great and weight is perfect - love the neck. Not sure what the downside is other then equipment snobs may shun you.

reddog likes this.
  11. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    I have a great Godin gig bag... perfectly sized... don't remember the model number

halfwound121 likes this.
  12. SKB SKB-44 Electric Bass Case

This fits my Warmoth 32" SSB Jazz perfectly but a bit higher than your budget.

halfwound121 likes this.
  13. IMG_0435.JPG IMG_0436.JPG IMG_0437.JPG IMG_0438.JPG

OCDave, halfwound121, TK4261 and 3 others like this.
  14. Thanks. It was for about three weeks until I got my Birdsong. Now it's #2. I don't play my Fender Jazz 34's much anymore which used to be my main players. I'm still a beginner, though.

halfwound121 and Mannyinnewyork like this.
  15. wolfmancharlie

wolfmancharlie

Nov 28, 2009
    IMG_1427.JPG Here's my newest Bass. It's a Morgan Monroe Rocky Top F Bass from around 2007. A very rare Bass and the previous owner had a Hofner Diamond pickup installed Love the look and she plays and sounds like an old Hofner Beatle Bass.

16. A whole lot better looking than a Hofner, IMHO.

wolfmancharlie likes this.
  17. darwin-bass

darwin-bass Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Salem OR
    My Warmoth SSB P 32" lives in a Mono Bass Sleeve. I have a couple of rolled up T shirts in the bottom to lift the bass so the neck fits properly in the support pad. I just bought a Gator Transit bag and it fits the SSP as is.

halfwound121 likes this.
  18. steelbed45

steelbed45 33 on Ignore Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Nolanville, TX
    NBD! - (in a roundabout way)

Background: For those that followed this thread, MEDIUM SCALE WARWICK ROCKBASS 5'er, this just changed everything, I was pretty excited, then disappointed in the turn of events. Figuring I'd never see one of these, I decided that if I wound up with a jet-black version, (I preferred the natural,) that I would have it refinished. That was 4 years ago.

In May, I was perusing the Guitar Center used listings while sipping coffee...and, wouldn't you know, a medium-scale Rockbass Corvette 5 string in jet-black! No hesitation on my part. True to myself, I sent the body off to Guitar Paint Guys, (GuitarPaintGuys - Cool. Custom. Guitars and Guitar Painting). Looking for a finish that would match well with the basic chrome hardware, I chose their Ocean Deep Decay finish. They did a fabulous job!

I also added an Aguilar OBP-2 preamp. I liked the MEC active pickups, but wasn't crazy about the preamp. I kept the same setup, (V-Bl-T-B), and wired it for 18v. Very nice.

The toughest part of all of this, and something that I will continue researching, are the strings. The DR short set I purchased with a 34" wind was just short. I had spoken with Jason @ bassstringsonline, and after taking measurements, I picked up a set of Elixirs, one of the shorter long-scale sets. Still, as you can see in the pic, the "talking" length is wrapping some around on the B-string. It's holding, so I'll take it.

Warwick Full.JPG
    Warwick Body.JPG
    Warwick Aggy.JPG
    Warwick HS.JPG

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    BeeTL, tom_305, Joe Ty and 5 others like this.
  19. How is the tension on the B?

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021