Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The official Merry Christmas to all the members of Talkbass thread!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ívar Þórólfsson, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Well, here in Iceland the time is 01:34 so Christmas has officially arrived!

I´ve spent the evening decorating my tree, packing presents and such and now I´m enjoying a couple of glasses of wine before I go to bed...

...and with that, I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas! May this time be a good one for all of you! :hyper:

2. Dude, it's the 23rd. How could Iceland skip ahead 1 day? Unless there is a factor in time zones that I'm forgetting.

Either way, happy christmas!

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    It´s 01:40am here in Iceland, it´s 24th here now! :)

Merry Christmas to you FF!

4. Do you icelandic people celebrate christmas on the 24th, rather then on the 25th? I was under the impression that 25th was the day that everyone on the big blue ball celebrated Xmas, but I guess not...

Now I'm intrigued!

5. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I shall enlighten you my curious one...

We here in Iceland celebrate Christmas exactly at 6pm on the 24th. Then the whole family has a dinner together and after that we open up our presents and generally have a very good time.

Unlike in the US, we do not open up the presents on the morning of the 25th.

Thou hast been enlightened! Now thou shalt walk the path of the enlightened ones!

Godspeed!

6. Ahhhh!!! I get it! That actually makes a lot of sense! I think that's cool. I couldn't stand having to wait another day.. There is an Ovation acoustic in Guitar Center with my name on it.. This is the worst case of gas I've ever had!! :help:

7. Well 'tis the 24th here too, but we don't celebrate untill tomoro. Nevertheless, Nollaig Shona Duit everyone!

Edit: Oops, originally said Happy Birthday! Sure I can speak Irish... Happy Christmas!

8. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Hmmm..

Ya'll who don´t celebrate Christmas on the 24th are weird ;)

9. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Happy Holidays to all ye of various faiths, peace goodwill tolerance and good vibes for 2005.

10. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    And merry Lemmy Kilmisters (birth)day to y'all around the globe, too :D

11. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Bah humbug :mad: ..................................................................j/k :D

Actually, I hope everyone has an awesome (and safe) Merry Christmas!

12. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

13. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

14. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Bah humbug.

15. Merry Christmas, everyone. Be safe and be kind to one another. (Jeez, I sound like my dad. :D )

16. Merry xmas to you all although right now I'm pretty juiced up :D but hey no gigs this weekend so I'm with my family and friends getting drunk as I speak
    So MERRY XMAS everyone even though it's 7 hours away from now and my advice this christmas
    IF YOU GONNA GET MERRY DON"T DRINK N DRIVE

17. its about 7 hours to go here, just finished work, about to go have a few quiet beers with my mates

merry xmas everyone, hope santa cures some g.a.s and bring a few surprises :bassist:

18. here its not even christmas eve yet...

19. Murry Kissmoose youze guez :p

20. Really, Iceland celebrates Christmas on the 24th?

Dude, I celebrate Christmas all year long.

No, not really. I wish, though.