Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Official "Post Your Fenders" Thread!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by de la mocha, Oct 24, 2005.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    I want to see everyone's Fenders since a lot of you guys swear by them! :bassist:

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    [​IMG]

MIM Jazz. I'll never live without a Fender.

miketallica315 likes this.
  3. deluxeg

deluxeg

May 5, 2001
    [​IMG]

2001 Fender Precision Special Deluxe Series
    2003 Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe Series

Both are MIM and eat any SX bass for lunch.

4. Another show your Fender thread? It's about time. They haven't done one in what, a day at least?

;)

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Well, if you're going to twist my arm... the three in the middle qualify for this thread.

[​IMG]

6. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Cool P there, Duck. I like the thumbrest down by the bridge.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Thanks. I think I've seen one other person on the boards with a thumbrest down there. I started playing on a jazz bass and missed having an anchor point down there. Looks kinda neat, too. :D

8. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Here's my Custom Shop Classic
    [​IMG]

9. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I think it's a good idea. There's always the pickup and even the fretboard itself to latch onto in the neck/mid, but there's no bridge anchor on a P. Gives me ideas. :ninja:

10. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    Wow, I like that one. How much did that cost?

11. skewh

skewh

Sep 5, 2005
    Ithaca, NY
    [​IMG]

12. narcopolo

narcopolo

Sep 12, 2005
    richmond, va
    i don't have a camera :(
    purple four string J.
    does that fatfinger actually work?

13. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    The purple rubber band is a great touch. ;)

What preamp do you have in there man?

14. Rene

Rene

Mar 8, 2004
    Canada
    Why does everybody want the same bass with the same tone and sound?
    Is it that nobody wants to be original and copy each other?
    Can somebody explain that to me? I've been wondering for a long, long time.
    I am not trying to be sarcastic or anything, just wondering.

15. narcopolo

narcopolo

Sep 12, 2005
    richmond, va
    my originality darn sure doesn't come from what type of bass i'm playing.
    how i play and what i play is the sole element to determine that - what bass i use is simply a question of good taste. fenders sound gorgeous.

16. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    What do you mean? You can say the same with stratocasters, telecasters or les pauls. Why do people join biker clubs? Why do people collect volkswagen beetles? People are a fan of the quality, sound, tone and feel! (Although I don't own one) :bag:

17. Rene

Rene

Mar 8, 2004
    Canada
    I am asking the same question about the other types of guitars? What pride can you have playing and owning the
    same thing as everybody else. So when you look at it,
    it's all the same and sounds the same be it yours or your next
    door neighbor's. There is no originality or personnality there

18. Heaven forbid any boutique maker makes the same bass twice. We'll all be doomed. DOOMED I tell ya.

In the end, as long as it doesn't matter to the owner, why does it to you? I feel nothing, short of something completely hand-built by your own person, is gonna be 100% unique. That's right down to the nuts and knobs.

19. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I think it is a matter of what will work best for the music you are playing. So I don't think people are trying to copy each other, as much as duplicate a sound that is appropriate for the music being played. The Fender is most duplicated since it has been a part of our music for the longest time.

These basses have been apart of R&B, Jazz, Rock, and just about everything else.These basses can also be a good start for creating a tone. Marcus Miller and Geddy Lee both use jazz basses but the tone is dramatically different. Also consider the same with the P-Bass. Steve Harris vs. James Jamerson... worlds of difference. These are Fender users with varying tones all on the same bass. Which is also why these designs have been taken to other levels with builders such as Sadowsky, Celinder and Mike Lull basses. These basses all share the same sound, but with electronics and other changes are truly different with its own great tone

Another reason they are so desired is that it is one of the most comfortable and familar instruments. There's a reason these designs have stood the test of time... Sound, playability and familarity.

At some point in the future the Fender may not be thought of the same way. Most of us over a certain age, wanted a Fender, learned on a Fender and definitely listened to music played on a Fender. In the future that instrument could be an Ibanez, Yamaha or MTD.... who knows what the future holds

20. narcopolo

narcopolo

Sep 12, 2005
    richmond, va
    you can't buy personality or originality (thank god).