1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The official "Post Your Music" thread

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mr. Pickles, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Music for the masses! What better place for search and discovery than a TalkBass thread? Use this space to promote and provide free access to your music.

The rules:
    • Unsigned bands and artists only
    • Content should be delivered in appropriate formats such as mp3 or wave files
    • Do not post links to "for sale" items
    • No links to Myspace or YouTube (we don't want low quality streaming content!)

Your music should be available for free distribution. If you find the rules too constraining, we can discuss via PM.

2. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Here are two Avolition tracks, band I've been a part of for about 6 months. We did our first demo earlier this year and proceeded to rarely play those songs anymore, then recorded a second one which was erased before it was mastered, so for Shot Number Three we're doing all the work ourselves.

Avolition - Druthers
    Avolition - Now and Forever

I'm very happy with the mix on these, unlike our earlier stuff. 5 songs are done, going to record another 5 and then start shopping a CD with artwork to labels. If nobody takes it, we'll just try and sell them at shows ourselves. Oh yeah, for my Effects Forum Brethren, I'm using a B:Assmaster on Druthers and my guitarist is using a Polish Love for the heavier distortion bits on both tunes.

3. Mr. Pickles

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
  4. gregh

gregh

Sep 15, 2008
  5. Ten

Ten

Oct 3, 2005
  6. Lon86

Lon86

Jan 21, 2008
    Venice, CA
  7. Mr. Pickles

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Keep 'em coming.:bassist:

8. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    My classic rock cover band is QUAGMIRE, a three piece from DeKalb, IL and we've got a few demo clips (mp3's) up on our website.

http://quagmire.us/

[​IMG]

Clips of these songs:

Midnight Rider
    Money
    Down by the River
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Time
    Norwegian Wood
    Locomotive Breath
    Sympathy for the Devil
    All I can do is write about it
    The Sound of Silence

We've also posted some live clips on Youtube from a show we did on July 4th. I won't link to them per the rules of this thread, but you can find them by searcing Youtube for [Quagmire band].

9. This KILLS!

Are we a bit of a Claypool fan, gregh?

10. gregh

gregh

Sep 15, 2008
    thanks tZer - actually I have no idea who Claypool is - but I'd love to find out :)

.... I just looked him up - the guy from Primus - yeah he's more than pretty good

11. Just some clips on a myspace page right now but we'll soon have some real song clips up in the next few weeks. These are just clips of rehearsals and they don't have vocals. The new clips will have everything.

http://www.myspace.com/wayfarersjourney

12. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    2 free downloads in my signature.

13. Autumn Walker

Autumn Walker

Nov 30, 2007
    Colorado
    My band's name is Shadow Folk.

Here's a link to download one of our tracks entitled The Saviors

Enjoy! This link will self-destruct in seven days (or after 100 downloads).

14. j.a.e.r.i.p

j.a.e.r.i.p

Apr 8, 2007
  15. OXploiter

OXploiter

Aug 1, 2006
    Here's my offering:

My band is called War of the Minds, and we are a female-fronted psychedelic hard-rock band!

We're currently during tons of gigs, and are in the process of finishing up a record, hopefully to be released sometime this year.

We have way more songs that are ready to be posted online, but they need to be properly mixed before that can be done.... ahhh, the waiting game!

Please feel free to comment!

Enjoy!