1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The official "Post Your Music" thread

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mr. Pickles, Sep 17, 2008.

1. MoSlevin

MoSlevin

Aug 11, 2007
    My band, TSG released a new album about a month ago. You can grab a copy of it for free at http://www.tsgmusic.com

Let me know what you think!

2. TFunkadelic

TFunkadelic

Apr 9, 2006
  3. Since everyone is disregarding the "no myspace" rule......

http://www.myspace.com/qnthegroove

Some of the stuff is just me with a GR-20 on my bass, some straight bass, some with friends,.....it keeps me off the streets,.....:D

4. this is my first band

http://www.myspace.com/aftertheskylife

the reason i first picked up a bass. little did i know it would turn into an obsession. pretty simple stuff, but ive progressed a lot since.

5. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    my band's in my sig.

6. Doc Labyrinth

Doc Labyrinth

Nov 21, 2007
    New Jersey
    Mr. Wiggles the Worm

7. I really enjoyed your piece. It's groove is very infectious which surprised me since it's so open and fractured sounding initially. I was afraid it was going to be one of those pieces that just does "weird stuff" all over the place without giving me a foothold - but sure enough, my feet found solid ground right away!

I love how the beat melds into the whole thing and how tense and angular it is without being disorienting. As odd sounding as all the parts are, they make perfect sense together. The warped nature of the 'melody' instruments - guitars, tapped and sliding bass - is very interesting. It also has an "Art of Noise" thing going for it.

Very cool!

8. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Thank you for your positive remarks and for setting the tone for this thread.

9. Lon86

Lon86

Jan 21, 2008
    Venice, CA
    Thanks for the good comment on our song Shine...

Since the Myspace rule seems to be shattered, here is ours.

Let me know what you think of the tunes...

http://www.myspace.com/radiusband

10. Autumn Walker

Autumn Walker

Nov 30, 2007
    Colorado
  11. You're welcome and thank you for sharing it!

It sounds to me as good as anything I hear on the radio today! The production, arrangement, musicianship - all sounds very top notch! An all around great tune in my book!

12. Lon86

Lon86

Jan 21, 2008
    Venice, CA
    Thanks a lot for the good words!

We did it all ourselves in our studio by the beach in Santa Monica.

I'll forward your comment to the rest of the band.

Shoot me your address and I'll send you a cd...love to hear what you think.

13. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Well, I'm not a moderator...sooooo, I must concede to force of numbers:help:

Myspace seems to be the most common method of music delivery, so let us have 'em!

14. 22 songs with one band in my sig and 5 songs, i believe, with the other...happy listenin'! my standalone thread in 'recordings' didn't get much attention - maybe, i'll get some here! maybe i suck!! :D

15. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Wayfarers reminds me a little bit of some Ben Folds Five - the clip on your personal Myspace page, is that you? That track is T-I-G-H-T!!!

* EDIT *

Nevermind, Tony Grey :D. . . just went to his site.

16. gregh

gregh

Sep 15, 2008
    thanks again tZer - I really appreciate you putting the time in to comment on my piece - and how you like it (of course:D)

17. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    outdoor in Sonoma Ca, ( it don't get no better than this 'yall ) :cool:

18. Yeah, that's Oli Rockberger with Tony Grey on bass. I've actually sat down and learned that song by ear because it's so fun to play to. Anything by Oli Rockberger has got a great groove to it. Tony Grey is a lucky guy to play with such a great composer.

19. alapantera

alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    Wisconsin