The Official Poutine Thread (with poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jazzin', Aug 27, 2004.

1. Never heard of it.

44 vote(s)
  2. I know what it is, but never tried it.

29 vote(s)
  3. mmmmmmm.....poutine...

70 vote(s)
  4. yuck! horrible!

10 vote(s)
  5. Is that the president of Russia?

16 vote(s)
  1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Do any of you non-quebecers know what poutine is? have you tried it? do you like it?
  2. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Poutine rocks my world. I travelled Quebec quite a bit and became completey hooked on it. Plus, I used to live with a Quebecois girlfriend who would make it for me...... mmmmmm coma inducing food...... :D
  3. Jazzin'

its my favorite meal, but i can't have it too often, it's full of fat and artery clogging stuff.
  4. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Poutine is great, whenever I visit family in Montreal, it's the first thing I eat. But like Jazzin'. I can't eat it too often, because of the nutritional value (or lack thereof ;))

Graeme :bassist:
  5. Ahh yeah...its so popular here in Canada that even some McDonalds started serving it. :D
  6. Jazzin'

quebec has it in EVERY fast food restaurant.
  7. Most the restuarants here serve it...i was just speaking about the big chains like McD's, Wendys etc...
    If the big chains always served it there that is cool, if you enjoy eating at places like McBarf :D
    Personally i would rather go to a non-franchise resturant to get always tastes so much better with fresh cheese and freshly cut potatos. :D
  8. burger king in sarnia had it when i went to toronto in 1997. i didn't go to burger king when i went back to toronto in 2002. i still haven't worked up the courage to try it, but the next time i go to canada, i swear by God to try poutine if it's available.

9. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    mmmmmmmmmm Poutine. There's only a couple of places in Manchester that you can get it, but I can't eat it that often either.

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:
  10. Rien de mieux après une belle tite soirée entre chum qu'une bonne grosse pout sale. ;)

Nothin's better after a hanging out late with your friends than a good ol' dirty poutine. ;)
  11. KFC serves poutine. I prefer their 15 piece bucket though..... a more filling snack.
  12. WHAT THE HELL IS POUTINE?! Is it like fried dough?
  13. MMMMM, fries, gravy and cheese :D

14. Why are there no carrots?

15. Amazing, but super high in fat and carbs.
  16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

heh heh... kinda sounds like... eh. you know.
  17. bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    my thoughts exactly
  18. Jazzin'

POO POO :bag:
  19. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Alberta does too, and we aren't exactly known for our French culture.