1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Official Short Scale Bass Club -- Part 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    Not sure if this is allowed but I accidnelty bought a set of tapewounds for short scale and I don’t own one. If anyone wants them they are D’Addarios and I’ll give you a deal

gsgbass likes this.
  2. I find it interesting that the Eastwood copies don't follow the original narrow string spacings....just a thought.

3. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    So buy a short scale then!......

I dunno.....some people...:rolleyes:......mutter

gsgbass and Holdsg like this.
  4. Bob T

Bob T

May 26, 2016
    Rhode Island
    Nice! Is this white? I have one in faded sonic blue I think it's called. I'm very impressed with it. All three switch positions are very useable tones. Well made also - the switch being an exception (iffy in the jazz position), but I'll fix that. Best of luck with it!

mbell75 and gsgbass like this.
  5. Bob T

Bob T

May 26, 2016
    Rhode Island
    Silver and Black, official bass of the Raiders!

6. This is the Olympic White. The switch is good, and solid on this one.

[​IMG]

GotRoot? likes this.
  7. Sam Dingle

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    I just might actually...I know there are some at the local guitar center...

Fat Freddy likes this.
  8. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Yay!....:hyper:

9. I use nothing but D’Addario ETB92, and ETB92S Nylons on my basses.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

GotRoot? and Nebula24 like this.
  10. Sam Dingle

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    Next time you need a new short scale set cheap let me know. They’re gonna gather dust! I wanna throw some on my standard p bass

gsgbass likes this.
  11. mbell75

mbell75

May 23, 2016
    I used to play short scales exclusively but started playing more full scales again. My last bass was one of those $299 Sterling Stingray basses that I loved but sold it when I stopped playing last year. Getting back into it and was going to grab another one but stumbled across a guy selling a mint 2017 Mustang PJ for $375 locally. Couldn't pass it up, so Im back in SS land!

IMG_7659.

12. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Welcome "Alowishus Mudd" ! You are Official Short Scale Bass Club member number 617 :) .

Alowishus Mudd and lowplaces like this.
  13. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Welcome "mbell75" ! You are Official Short Scale Bass Club member number 618 :) .

mbell75 and lowplaces like this.
  14. djasterix

djasterix Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Lima, Peru
    Hi all, here a pic of my two SS basses; Squier Bronco Bass and Fender Pawn Shop Mustang Bass.

IMG_0952.

Attached Files:

15. ThingsAbove

ThingsAbove

Jul 11, 2011
    I'm planning on buying a used Brubaker KXB-4 short-scale. I posted this question in the Brubaker club thread but that thread seems to only deal with the Brute model of Brubaker basses so I thought I'd post my question here as well since it's a short scale.

It's a used Brubaker KXB-4 short scale but have found very little information about this model and didn't receive a reply yet from the Brubaker shop. I'm certain it will play like butter and sound great with it's Bart Jazz pickups.

But have a couple questions I haven't found answers to regarding neck width and head dive.

Are Brubaker KXB-4 necks standard? If so can someone point me to dimensions?

Also, can someone tell me how the KXB-4 short scale balance on a strap and when sitting? I have a real issue with basses that don't balance on a strap at a gig or when sitting for practice. The reason I'm concerned is the forward strap button is at the 14th fret and the lower bout horn just looks short to me.

GotRoot? likes this.