The Official Short Scale Bass Club -- Part 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. RV Driver

RV Driver

Dec 8, 2019
    I’ve recently gone all-short. Sold my Conklin 7; bought a Mikro and a Huntington within the last month. I can finally play without shoulder/hand pain. Can I join?

2. 4 Out of 5

4 Out of 5

Oct 6, 2017
    New Zealand
    Does anyone know if TI Jazz flats 324 are likely to fit on my 30in P bass with Gotoh GB350 tuners?
    I see that the strings only come in 32in length. Unfortunately i can't measure my bass as its currently on the other side of the world at home in New Zealand where I can't seem to get TI strings. I'm on holiday in the UK, where TI strings are available.

3. macmanlou

macmanlou Don't push it. Just let it fall. Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Washington, DC Area
    Does it have a string-thru bridge, or is it a top load?

TI 324 "short scale" strings are closer to medium scale length. I've used them on strung-thru Mustangs.

4. alpho

alpho

Mar 10, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I have used these TI-324 on three 30" scale basses. The E-string silk wraps around the tuning peg, but it has no apparent effect on the string's sound. Go for it.

5. 4 Out of 5

4 Out of 5

Oct 6, 2017
    New Zealand
    Its a top load bridge.

6. 4 Out of 5

4 Out of 5

Oct 6, 2017
    New Zealand
    Oh cool. I was concerned that the e string might have trouble wrapping around the tuning peg before it (the string) starts to taper.

7. lowplaces

lowplaces Got Punch ?

Dec 20, 2015
    Louisville Kentucky
    You'll be shocked at how easy it is. Here is the TI Flat E on my Mustang PJ.

1215191657.jpg

4 Out of 5, macmanlou and MovinTarget like this.
  8. 4 Out of 5

4 Out of 5

Oct 6, 2017
    New Zealand
    Thank you so much for the picture!

lowplaces likes this.
  9. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2015
    The Frozen Tundra
    Good day. I will be requesting membership soon. I own a Walnut Ibanez Mikro, and am currently awaiting the arrival of a brand new Squier Classic Vibe Mustang in Surf Green. Ordered today and should be here before New Years. Will post pics once I have it. Stoked!

Fat Freddy likes this.
  10. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Hola! May I join the ranks, please?

Lately my short scale Fender Modern Player Starcaster is my favourite bass! I still love my Pbass Special and my CIJ Jaguar, but my 'Caster is just SO dang comfortable in my old age!! They are all 3 strung BEAD, which takes a very thick .150, IIRC, for good tension and a resonant low B on the Starcaster. :)

20190324_075946-2.jpg

ETA: I've also just added a link to this club on the Clubs, Special Interests, Patches & Settings Wiki page. Yer velkommen. :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  11. ejaggers

ejaggers Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Fort Worth, tx
    That's one fine bass!!!
    And I hear ya' loud and clear about it being your fav'.

My fav' is, and always be my '67 Coronado II that I've had since I was a kid.
    For the life of me, I don't understand why there's no love for them on TB.

ciibodye-jpg.jpg

12. Bob T

Bob T

May 26, 2016
    Rhode Island
    My music room is full, but I'm stoked for you - good luck!

Sodbuster, MovinTarget and Fat Freddy like this.
  13. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2015
    The Frozen Tundra
    Thank you Bob T!

14. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

OooOoo! That's gorgeous, jaggers!!

I drooled constantly over my Fender catalog with the Coronados, both guitars & basses, especially the Wildwood versions, back in the '60s!!! But, alas, they were way beyond my means back then, and I've never found a deal on a vintage one. But I still occassionally pull out that catalog. :)

So, when the Modern Player reissues came out a few years ago, I was like a giddy kid at Christmas for several months trying to decide which one to get! Drats, no Wildwood!?! But, I finally narrowed it down to the Vintage Sunburst Coronado guitar and the Aged Cherryburst Starcaster bass (though not really a reissue!), but could NOT decide which one to get.

It actually was Christmastime, discussing presents with the wife, and her sewing/embroidery/quilting hobby is even more expensive than my music! I told her either one would be great! I really did love her, even before that, but don't you know she got me both of 'em!!! :woot::hyper:

Yeah, not quite as cool, or nearly as lightweight, as the fully hollow vintage models that I still drool over in that old catalog. But, the Gretsch Fideli'Tron humbucking p'ups in the MP Coronado guitar are really bright and clear, and I love the versatile Wide Range humbuckers in the MP Starcaster bass.

ejaggers and MovinTarget like this.
  15. My wife got me this box for Christmas ... I hope there is a Hofner Shorty Bass in it ..... I can't open it until Christmas!!! shortybox 121919.jpg

16. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Hmmm....Looks a bit 'Gibsony' to me....

The box is, obviously, a red herring....:thumbsup:

Scooter Johnson and MovinTarget like this.
  17. velobob

velobob Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2013
    violin or a ignition club? Hofner Ignition Club Bass.JPG Hofner Ignition Club Bass.JPG

18. Attached Files:

19. BassAgent

BassAgent

Dec 2, 2003
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Official Artist: Eich Amplification
    I'm in! IMG_9732.jpg

20. gip111

gip111 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Anyone try the Mitchell 30" short scale yet? They're popping up all over the GC's in my area. 149 plus tax. Gonna have to plug one in just for the heck of it, neck looks to be a bit thicker than the jaguar ss, one color that caught my eye was the primer flat grey, not for everyone but I have not see a bass use that color yet.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021