1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Short Scale Bass Club -- Part 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    west al, RodRy and John Stephen like this.
  2. Got one too, so please let me know where they are hiding. Thanks.

west al and RodRy like this.
  3. Got an EB-0 as pictured. Red Ibanez is gone, replaced bby a black I Mikro. Also, are you the member posting about building basses? I'd take a number for both the Epiphone club and a builders subforum, or at least directions to "get there". My building skills have thus far been limited to a couple lap steels and a couple of "bigger" projects, on as recently pictured. Thanks. 4-24-2021 Littleton T&R-9.JPG 7-18-2019 New Epiphone Bass 002-A.JPG

Rafar, west al, Protagonist and 2 others like this.
  4. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    I like the basses, the car, and the lady's T-shirt. Go Flyers!

west al and TK4261 like this.
  5. The lady is my step daughter, Rose. My other son played "a lot" of hockey including minor pro overseas after college. When he was 13-14 his bantam team was coached by former Flyer, Frank Bathe. Both sons have been huge Flyers fans since...although some years, such as this year, have been "tedious". We cheer for the B's here in mid-Maine, and I still try to play old timers hockey, but the pandemic hiatus is still on. As I am 4 weeks shy of 79 however those days are limited and may be soon better viewed in the rear view mirror. For now, I plug ahead on all fronts, albeit more slowly these days.

west al and John Stephen like this.
  6. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    west al and G-Dog like this.
  7. shortscalesrule

shortscalesrule Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2017
    California
    What did the car start life as? Looks kind of '40 Ford-ish.

RodRy likes this.
  8. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Per what our friend G-Dog found, they seem to lurk here: Epiphone Club

west al, MovinTarget and G-Dog like this.
  9. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    That all sounds fantastic. Good to hook up with a hockey fan here on TB. And I hear ya, about going more slowly these days. As I progress through my 60s, the important thing is just what you said -- plug ahead....

RodRy and MovinTarget like this.
  10. In her heyday she was a proud and perky 1940 Chevrolet Master coupe (model 40-1517) but when she came into my possession, there was a ton of rust. I built my own "pro stock" racing style chassis but without the driver's side offset so the body would fit since my intended use was as a street rod. Here is a pic of the car when bought and of the chassis I had to scratch build. First build for me, at least the first complete build from start to and including (the hard part) finish.

40 chevy coupe 1-A.JPG
    Front view 1.jpg

RodRy, TK4261, Bass Man Stan and 4 others like this.
  11. west al

west al Ready, PLAY! Supporting Member

Hey OldCoupleTom You're #131, in The Epiphone Club! Welcome Aboard! hOKXxAc.gif link:Epiphone Club

Last edited: May 3, 2021 at 1:45 PM
    RodRy likes this.
  12. shortscalesrule

Dec 9, 2017
    California
    Impressive! Mine wasn't a rust bucket when I got it (except front floor pans), but I did have it repainted from the original pond-scum green.
    DSC_0206.JPG

saltymonkey, RodRy, grrg63 and 6 others like this.
  13. Oh...now that's a beautiful restoration of a rare vehicle. Good on you! I can only dream of that level of skills. I'll just bet you'd kick my ass on bass as well with talented hands such as were required for that project!!!

14. I received my 30" Mensinger Cazpar's from Public Peace on Friday. They are both great! Nice and light also. The black one is 6.9lbs and Spalted Maple Burl is 7.2lbs and so comfy to play. I definitely made a good choice in getting these. Sacrificed a few great basses to get these 2 but it was worth it and no extra money out of pocket :hyper:

DLTFrwY.jpg
    CVO8Zs1.jpg
    cX9KMKZ.jpg
    1iHeY9k.jpg
    RrCEQUY.jpg
    GxS0gN8.jpg
    wV33NJa.jpg
    Ic8fKA5.jpg
    9Awlboc.jpg
    nkAvK9C.jpg
    pI99NEV.jpg
    RfO9dud.jpg
    9ThfIfG.jpg
    eFfkThb.jpg

Protagonist, Duder, RodRy and 8 others like this.
  15. revroy

revroy Supporting Member

beautiful basses.

tell us about the electronics and what you think of them

RodRy, TK4261 and MovinTarget like this.
  16. shortscalesrule

Dec 9, 2017
    California
    Ohmygosh! You are giving me way too much credit! My main contribution was some interior work, followed by taking it to the right place to have the rest of it done. Plus having the sense to rescue it in the first place. It made a dandy band wagon for my instro surf band, but the band is long gone, so the car is going up for sale soon. (But I am going to keep the 1966 Mustang bass I had painted to match.) [See how I cleverly brought us back to short scale basses? :D]

17. Greywoulf

Greywoulf Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Freehold, NJ. USA
    Very unusual shape... Looks to me like they could be even more comfortable than more standard shape basses by perhaps being better balanced, and/or by having their controls mounted lower in the body? I'm also wondering if the oval pup shape contributes to a different, more fuller sound?
    Enjoy them,
    Greywoulf

RodRy, TK4261 and MovinTarget like this.
  18. MovinTarget

MovinTarget Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Based on my experience routing for [email protected]#$%$!%$! rectangles I bet those can be routed for soooo much more quickly with there being no tiny corners...

Last edited: May 3, 2021 at 8:37 PM
  19. I apologize for "straying" off topic. I am reasonably certain that a majority of contributors here might not share my automotive hobby joy. Guess I had assumed I was posting in the Mediocre Bassist's Forum, where the basic rule is that your membership number is 1109. Not much else seems to offend anyone and discussions range far and wide...like whacky friends at happy hour. I do try to behave in group settings, but waiting for that to become the norm at this "advanced age" might be an exercise in futility!

20. shortscalesrule

Dec 9, 2017
    California
    No, no, no, I wasn't chiding you for going off topic! I was trying to head off anyone suggesting we had strayed too far!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021