1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Short Scale Bass Club -- Part 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. It's all good. Most times my brain is "off topic" as I self diagnose ADD. Seem to keep going off in lots of different directions at the same time. Hell, for me as a very late in life bass player (or any stringed instrument for that matter) and then initially to fight back hand arthritis (and continuing 'cause I like it!) everything here seems off topic in context of my "prior life" (BB or before bass). BTW, I never thought anyone here would get too torqued up about it anyway. Just figured a mea culpa might be in order to placate the stricter among us. Much of the "stuff of life" that has been on topic lately is crappy, so I figure the odd side trip keeps us all interested...

2. shortscalesrule

shortscalesrule Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2017
    California
    Amen to everything you said!

RodRy, John Stephen and OldCoupeTom like this.
  3. Greywoulf

Greywoulf Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Freehold, NJ. USA
    Hey, odd side trips {and odd side trip people} :cautious: are the most interesting aspects of life IMO!

And ADD? What;]'s that?? What's go>ing on?? Wh%%ere?? Who?? U??

I think we need a new club: The ABC Club... ("Ancient Bassiests Club"!) :dead:
    Greywoulf

4. I'm in!

oldandbold, RodRy and MovinTarget like this.
  5. Thanks Roy! So fr i like the elctronics but I am still messing around with the tones and my Rig. In the Black one I have the Delano Sonar 2 pre in it and those Delano Xtender pickups are very nice I must say...Clean. I can get a good P tone with the split coil and the humbucker has the 3 way switch for single, series & parallel like the Musicman. The Spalted Bass has the Delano sonar 3 in it and the pickups are Domanski that Public Peace offers..I like them so far also and have the same 3 way switch for the humbucker and both pre-amps have a volume pull for Passive. I will probably make a couple of Youtube covers with these in the next couple of weeks. :cool:

They are very comfy and well balanced. Feel great sitting and standing. As far as the oval Delano Xtender pickups they do sound a little fuller and different from other pickups I have tried but thats probably just the combo of the pre and pickups together. :thumbsup:

Protagonist, RodRy and MovinTarget like this.
  6. Treblefree

Treblefree

Apr 8, 2016
    By the way Greywoulf, that ZeroMod rest worked perfectly on my SBMM Shorty. I'm asking them right now if they can do a one-off kind of custom one for my G&L Fallout Tribute. They are awesome and really wanting to work with me to make one. Need to send them some measurements. What a great company. Glad you turned me on to them.

RodRy and MovinTarget like this.
  7. shortscalesrule

shortscalesrule Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2017
    California

OldCoupeTom and MovinTarget like this.
  8. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

How about one of these?

RodRy, OldCoupeTom and MovinTarget like this.
  9. revroy

revroy Supporting Member

My primary bass for the past few years has one of these Delano pups in it (see my avatar... and that bass is for sale).
    Delano makes two versions - one with split coils so it is hum free even in the single coil mode (Xtender HE) and one with traditional coils (Xtender HE/S). The first is the one I have. It is more hifi sounding. The version with hum in the single coil mode is supposed to be more aggressive. Then there are the P styles which also comes in two versions. I have no idea what the difference is between them.
    Rheingold also builds a pickup in the Xtender shape. From what I read, it is even more hifi sounding. Franz uses it in one of their fretless models

Last edited: May 4, 2021 at 3:29 PM
    RodRy, TK4261 and MovinTarget like this.
  10. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Wow, those are amazing. Once again, I see you have some basses that I can find nothing wrong with, and yet...I expect to hear about something that you will customize (very tastefully) on each one before long! :roflmao:

Always happy to see what beautiful instruments you share with us!
    :laugh:

TK4261 likes this.
  11. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    No worries fellas, I'm sure there are plenty of us car-nuts lurking around here.
    :D

Protagonist and MovinTarget like this.
  12. Bass Man Stan

Bass Man Stan

Mar 29, 2019
    TK 4261 has sold a lot of really nice basses, now I see why. Very nice!

Protagonist, RodRy, TK4261 and 2 others like this.
  13. revroy

revroy Supporting Member

and I have one :thumbsup:

14. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    So..... I got this coming.

Fallout Bass 2.jpg

15. MTN.bass72

MTN.bass72 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Blue Ridge, Ga
    Can't wait for your report. Especially about if it has any neck dive when strapped up... I've been debating one of these since trading my Jag SS... just couldn't stand the neck dive

RodRy, MovinTarget and Datsgor like this.
  16. Datsgor

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    Hmm.. neck dive, hadn't really thought about that. Yea, we'll see. It was an impulse buy. That G&L store is gonna make me poor.

17. MTN.bass72

MTN.bass72 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Blue Ridge, Ga
    Agreed... I'm gassing hard for a tribute jb4, a kiloton, and an lb100:banghead: :banghead: :crying:

RodRy, MovinTarget and Datsgor like this.
  18. Datsgor

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    Mwaahhahahhahahaaaa.....it never ends!

19. Bigal1369

Bigal1369

Dec 7, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Nice . Those neck are not t
    You can try a slinger bass strap. Gets a little getting use too. My 2 cents. Enjoy your new Fallout.
    Ergonomic guitar straps

20. Kosmos

Kosmos

Jun 3, 2017
    Any ideas if there is a short scale that sound like a full size vintage precision (single or double coil)? Around 1 099,99 US$ like the Fender JMJ.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021