1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The official "Show your basses" thread part 19!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 2, 2013.

1. RKKfIiy.
    I did some inlay work with the brass knucks. I gotta find some dark epoxy or paint or something to fill in the voids around the outside. Oh, and I totally busted out some new strings! Ernie Ball Cobalt Flats!

2. BK bassist

BK bassist "Apollo's Ghost" Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Just wondering if that baby will be used for a hardcore punk band or Sunday worship sessions? :laugh:

3. MovinTarget

MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Depends on the church.... ;)

4. EdBo

EdBo

May 10, 2015
    Springfield, Ohio
    *Peace be with You*
    I rarely buy anything new from a Local Shop. I get most everything online thru the internet.
    It was crazy ! They usually sell for $129.99 and Musicians Friend, whom I got the Bass from, had them on sale for $87.99 and when I added it to my cart it suddenly showed $70.16, with a note stating "Special in cart pricing". Undeserved Blessing's is what I contribute it to.

The Fender molded case was/is $179.99 US.

5. BK bassist

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    My Sandberg "Forty Eight" .... Jumped through hoops to score this bad boy. They are difficult model to find in the USA. She's a MONSTER of a bass ... Sandberg basses (IMO) are some of the finest mass produced basses being made today.

I don't play her as often as I should because I just don't feel comfortable rocking an "explorer" body shape ... It's like changing from old Levi's to skinny jeans :roflmao: "Old dog, new tricks" kind of thing.

I may be putting her up for sale soon ... She should be played more and shown off often. YMMV

IMG_3540.

6. Same here. but I'd wanted one of those cases for ages and thought Id get myself a Christmas pressie.
    Oh that's the other way around to here then - the moulded cases are cheaper than the tweed ones.
    It looks like the tweed ones are also cheaper here than thare, and that is quite a surprise.

EdBo likes this.
  7. Them be wicked.

I like them a lot.

I fantasize about having one with reverse headstock with matching paintwork.
    Got to be in that same red as yours though.

EdBo, MovinTarget and BK bassist like this.
  8. I need to get some stickers that say SATAN SUCKS!

AB Nate and ReasonablyHappy like this.
  9. ReasonablyHappy

ReasonablyHappy

Aug 1, 2018
    America
    If you make them I will buy some!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    knuckleduster likes this.
  10. EdBo

EdBo

May 10, 2015
    Springfield, Ohio
    *Peace be with You*
    :D Be careful, remember the rules :roflmao: :

Controversial topics will be VERY closely moderated. Politics and religious debate/discussion are not allowed in any forum unless specifically allowed by the forum's posted rules ("sticky" threads).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Yammybass and MovinTarget like this.
  11. BK bassist

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ric' 4003
    Ric' 4004
    Fender P bass
    Nash PB-57
    :thumbsup:

IMG_4041.

12. I'm going to get some T-Shirts printed up that say 'Suck My Socks'
    Will you want to buy one of those as well? I'll throw in a free pair of the socks . . .

BK bassist and EdBo like this.
  13. ReasonablyHappy

ReasonablyHappy

Aug 1, 2018
    America
    Nope!!! But it’s a sick world. Someone out there will. Good luck!

EdBo and Mark Desmo like this.
  14. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    D.C.
    Love my Forty Eight!

They are definitely difficult to come by in the USA, I don't see enough of them around. I can attest to mine being an absolute monster as well!
    20181120_154844. 20181120_154314. 20181120_154340. 20181120_154334.

15. BK bassist

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Wow, that is gorgeous in white, especially with the matching headstock ... She's a beauty!

EdBo and Dub56 like this.
  16. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    D.C.
    Thanks!! I saw it on Thomann and lusted over it for a few weeks before finally deciding to go for it. Really glad I did.. I couldn't believe how perfect the config of this bass was for my visual taste. It's as though I custom ordered it, there isn't a thing I would've done differently.

I have some basses I think are really good looking, but this one still gets me every time. Just something about it... Love the design

On that note... Love the white 4003 you posted above. Beautiful :woot:. I'm partial to that color combo as you may have guessed by my Sandberg (and 2 other basses, lol) but that is one of the coolest looks for a Ric IMO.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Das Jugghead, Nunovsky, EdBo and 2 others like this.
  17. BK bassist

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    You can have #1 in "The Sandberg Forty Eight mutual admiration club", I'll take #2 :)

18. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    D.C.
    Deal! As long as I get #1 in the "I'd rather have BK bassist's 4003 than mine" club :D

Seriously though, I think you should rock that red Forty Eight with confidence. It's a beauty, and I bet it doesn't look as strange on as you feel like it does. I'm not sure I'd want the Forty Eight as my only bass, but I love it as a contrast to my more traditional styled stuff (Ps, Js)

19. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Super J BB.

20. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Like a piece of art... hope you are well, my friend.

Barticus, BK bassist, AB Nate and 2 others like this.