1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Official Skjold Club (Part 11)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Dec 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Lol... I guess if you ordered a bass and you didn't order it with the ramp it would be on you.

That 6 was really nice, but I am not a 6 string player as much as I would like to be.

2. Maiden Bass

Maiden Bass Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Reno / Sparks, NV
  3. Was talking to Pete about his new custom pickups and preamp. He’s very excited about their performance. Looking forward to hearing hands on review of them as they roll out into the world.

lowendmafia likes this.
  4. happy Halloween!

5. lowendmafia

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    I have the “earlier version” in my Koa Drakkar and I love the combo. I’m really interested in this double P he’s putting in the Greylings also. I’ve been harassing him about them.

Mark Sacchetti likes this.
  6. Yes the idea of the double P pickups have definitely caught my attention!

7. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    What what!?

8. Hey just a heads up that Pete will be displaying his basses this Saturday at the Brooklyn Bass Bash! Here’s a chance to get your “stinkingPaws” on a Skjold!
    Just sayin!

graphics1988 likes this.
  9. turbine

turbine Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Texas
    56329798509__624FC8F2-AFF1-4DA8-A218-77EE502645F9. Here's the body of my new Greyling in progress

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 10:55 AM
  10. I happened to be vacationing with my wife in New York for about a week. I learned about Brooklyn Bass Bass scheduled for today, hosted by LaBella Strings / The Guitar Shop NYC.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Skjold today and I was able to test a Gen 5. I was very happy with this instrument.

11. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2001
    The Midwest of USA
    Is it possible to get the catacomb option with a non-whaleback body style (for instance, just the regular offset body style)?

12. Pete skjold

Pete skjold Gold Supporting Member

May 29, 2004
    Warsaw Ohio
    It is available in all the single cut styles I do, the Whaleback, Drakkar and the Zia. For the chambering to work you need the extra area of the upper bout. You don't get that with a double cut shape so the chambering system wouldn't really work. Hollowing something out is possible but that is not what the catacomb chambering is. Thanks for asking!

13. lowendmafia

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    I stand Corrected...

Joshua Pickenpaugh likes this.