Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the official talk bass sega genesis club

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gallienkrueger, Feb 8, 2004.

1. who here still has their sega genesis? if so take lots of pics of yours!

2. I have one alright. Brought me some good times. It's the 16-bit one, bought around 92 or so. Love that system!

3. I thought I was the only one! :ninja:

4. yep...got it and sega CD.
    dont have pics tho...

5. funkcicle

funkcicle

Jan 9, 2004
    Asheville, NC
    I had one about 10 years ago... ever play a game called "Landstalker"? Sega was way behind the competition (SNES) for the most part, but a few games really stood out... Landstalker remains one of the best RPG-Adventure games I've ever played.

6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I have one; Sega was the best at 2D sidescrollers. The SNES may have looked better, but the Sega had much tighter control and much less game slowdown. Don't get me wrong, I like the SNES too. I also prefer the Genesis' gamepad button layout.
    3d games are alright, but do they all have to be 3D? I"ll take a running, gunning, jumping, action packed 2d sidescroller anyday (like Contra: Hard Corps, or Castlevania: Bloodlines). That type of gameplay cannot be done in 3D. Ever played one of the 3D Contra games? Yuck.

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Gunstar Heroes was its greatest game ever

never had a genesis, Nintendo pretty much monopolized the entire gaming sales on mexico

8. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Sega was my absolute favorite game system ever. I never had one myself but pretty much every day I'd go over to a friend's house and play Sonic or X-men. Man I loved that system.

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I have mine... The controllers are jacked, though.

Sonic I
    Sonic II
    Desert Strike
    Road Rash
    The Magic School Bus
    Mortal Kombat II

i forgot what else...

10. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Eternal Champions!( My favorite fighting game)
    Road Rash( I still play this one)
    Krusty's Funhouse
    [​IMG]

11. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I still have my Nintendo. Still have Tyson, Zelda, Techmo and much more. Maybe I'll hold onto it until I retire. I can probably sell it and buy a house.

12. ROAD RASH?!?!?!??! that game was the shiznit

13. Hey, hey, not Road Rash. ROAD RASH 2!

14. I don't have one but I think if I find one to buy some where I will. I love old side scrolling games the story and game play is usually alot better than 3D games.

I did play Road Rash 2 one Sega years ago, awesome game. Road Rash 3D (ps, I'm 96.4% sure) is good but Road Rash Jailbreak (ps), not all that great. (Sadly thats the one I decided to buy. I was like "Hey a new Road Rash! This will be awesome because it is going to be improved version of RR 3D")

15. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Streets of Rage trilogy! HIIIIYAAAA! :ninja:

Here's hoping for a fourth in the series one day.

16. Markdezy

Markdezy

Jan 24, 2004
    Atlanta
    I used to have one. The only game I played was Aladdin and The Lion King. Those games were the shiznit.

17. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    it is all about the best sports game ever: NHL 96

18. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Oh, I wish video games never evolved to 3-D...

I used to be able to win!