The official "Tired of the high $ stuff, Show me what you could afford thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rumzini, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    This is in response to my Govenrment Spending thread and another thread I posted to earlier.

I live in a modest world. Tired of seeing big money homes, cars, gadgets, and people in general I guess. Don's get me wrong, I don't hate rich people or aencies...just tired of hearing or seeing them so much. On TV, (not that i watch much), Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous is the classic, "It's good to be, Brittany, Paris, Hugh, (whoever!), is the one of the newest shows to show you how poor you are! Who cares! I've just gotten more down to earth lately so without further ado....

Please show me your bass and/or rig, or car, home...whatever you want that is the one thing that you could afford for your budget and are very proud of and don't need big dollar snobs looking down at you from there palacial palce of bass guitars made of Nordstrands, Sadowskies, Edens, and whatever!
  2. DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
  3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Hmm..lessee...I have a house that was under (by a good bit)
    $100,000, I drive a 99 Chrysler, I have a Ric 4003 and a Lakland Darryl Jones, (bought the Ric new, but at a LARGE discount, DJ was a trade deal), a Mesa 400+ (obtained in a trade) and a Bergantino NV610 (obtained in a trade), and a GK 210 for home practice. All decent stuff, but certainly nothing botique.
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    That's one of the big reasons I miss Ohio. You could get a nice home in a nice neighborhood with a good yard for around $120,000. If you're handy, you can get the same with an even bigger house for $100k. In my area, you're lucky if you can find a smaller home around $200,000.
  5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    When I went to California, I overheard a gentleman talk about how we had just flown over his son's 400,000 dollar condo about ten seconds before landing.

400,000 dollars for a small condo in the approach way at LAX. No thanks.
  6. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    be happy you dont live in nj. good luck finding a house for 200k here. more like 3-5 in my area, and i am by no means rich.

though, i have spent about 3k in gear in the last 10 months.
  7. Ashdown Mag 200 1x15 combo - a good amp, not a great one. I'm hoping for something like an ABM500 EVO II or an Eden WT550 in a few years with a Bergantino mini-stack. But I have a few bills to get out of the way first. I have a Rick Turner Electroline PMM bass that I got used in a package deal with the amp. It is a great bass and I consider myself very lucky to own it. I would like to find a 5 string that I like as well as this bass and can afford, but that may be a long way off.
  8. mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    My "I got kids" Rig:

Used Behringer Head $150
    New Hartke 210 $200
    New Hartke 115 $300
    Speaker Cable $10

Whole Rig for under $700
  9. I bought a 24 pack of pepsi and 2 cups of ramen noodles for 5.90 today.

I also spent 10.64 on a cd yesterday.

Thats about all I can afford now.
  10. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    My condo (975 ft.^2) cost me 39.9K. Many SUVs cost more than this. :D
  11. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I'm very value concious when I buy gear and always look for maximum tone/feel at minimum price...

My budget stack is comprised of a pair of Acme B4s (Series 1) and a Hartke cost, about $850. As inefficient as Acmes are (or alleged to be), the HA4000's seemingly modest 400 W output sure makes them shake the house...

Just picked up a brand new WM12 for $250 (GC List Sale!).
  12. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    For the moment i play a dirt cheap J&D bass through my pandora, i do atleast know how to play it... :rolleyes: